Togwotee's Wyo trophy ram

Zeke

Long Time Member
Well done Togwotee!
10.5 year old brute and scores really well even with 3" broomed off the left side.

8405deanram.jpg

9480deanram1.jpg

9509deanram2.jpg

7923deanram3.jpg

Damn good stuff right here Dean!!!

Best, Zeke

PS: I hope he'll add a bit of the story.

Great Looking Ram!! No sheep hunt for myself this year but would love to hear the details. Looks like a good cape and should make for a terrific mount. Good job Dean

Don

Thanks for posting these Zeke.

Yes the cape came out pretty good considering he cartwheeled about 300 yards down the hill after the shot. I was thinking maybe a european mount until I was able to see how little damage there was.

We looked at about 30 rams and this was the biggest, there was 1 in his group that was close to his age but all the rest were younger rams.

It was a great hunt and we had a great time , saw lots of griz and some of the most remote wild country in the lower 48. you just can't go wrong hunting anything in WY.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

That's one of the reasons that I've had a love affair with sheep hunting for 3.5 decades now.
The adventure takes the hunter into country that he'd otherwise avoid because of it's remote and rugged nature
.... that and a nice ram looks pretty darn cool! haha
Zeke

No Desire to Kill a Sheep!

Seen 1000's of them but never even tried for a Permit!

JUDAS Dude!

That's a Nice Ram!

Can We Argue About it?:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Upon closer inspection you can see some rock marks on the horns. Looks like no "new chips" though.

Justin has some good mule deer ranches south of the border, you may want to check out, not much to do in Jan. unless you hunt waterfowl.

You did your research and it paid off, good job!!

There are some fresh scuff marks for sure but I don't see ant real damage. even if there was I guess that's part of the game.

I saw some pictures of the bucks they're taking in MX and they're hogs. I'm just not a world traveler myself I don't think it's my cup of tea. we'll be back in WY and MT in jan-feb with our sleds that's my winter thing.

This is the second time I've hunted with JJ and I like the hell out of him. he's fun to be around and he gets the job done no matter what it takes.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Most of the time we hobbled them. and most of the time they were just happy to stand there anyway. some tired ponies by this time in the hunt.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

What a hunt! Congrats and a little bit jealous. Dandy of a ram and to hunt in that country only adds to the experience. Someday, I tell myself, someday.

Both the ram and the hunter are older than I imagined.:)

Pretty darn nice sheep!

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Fortunetly I'm not as old as I look and feel.

It was my goal when I started applying for a sheep tag in my 30's to draw before I was too old to make the most of my sheep tag. . I'm not sure about all the sheep areas but area 4 is no country for old men. I'm glad I didn't have to wait too many more years .

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Congrats Dean on a nice Ram and that country sure looks awesome but like you said, it is for younger men.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

If you can sit a horse it's amazing how much of it you can access but even at that you're going to lead them down a lot of hills or you'll cripple them.

My advice to older hunters with enough points to be in the game is don't wait any longer than you have to and pick your area carefully. there are definetly easier areas to hunt than what I did but I sure enjoyed it.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Congratulations Did you make it back yet? Ya know cloud 9. What a great ram and wow that country is amazing. Good job. Rutnbuck

Thanks. yes it was quite an experience and my wife got to go along too , I think she might have had more fun than I did since the pressure wasn't on her. that's a real problem for me with these once in a lifetime tags .

That country is awesome, as far as you can see in any direction is either wilderness area or Yellowstone Park. you'd have to go to Alaska or the territories to get more remote . I love it.

In the picture of the horses you're looking west, into the Thorofare. we've never been in that part of the area so we're thinking of maybe going in elk hunting one of these seasons before we get too old.

It's too bad every hunter doesn't get to hunt sheep at least once. it really is the ultimate hunt of all. apply apply apply as they say.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom