too close to call........

Z

ZIGGER

I bet not one republican will win a "too close to call" race.....or any recount...

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Jef, good thing you did not put any money up on that bet. The Dems got their butts handed to them in a basket. Obama is the new poster boy for the GOP.

RELH

And Cruz will be the poster boy for the dems in 2016.

What happened last night has happened to the last 3 presidents. it's just politics.

Stay thirsty my friends

How about Scott Walker? He has the table set for him after winning his 3rd Election in 4 years and doing against the Union Machine in Wisconsin.

Ted Cruz would be a diasaster of a candidate.

For those who believe Republican control will lead to Obamacare being repealed one only has to listen to McConnell was tamping down those expectations early.

Nemont

I think the GOP will look more to fixing the bad parts of Obamacare instead of throwing it out which may be a good move on their part. As for Cruz, I have had conservative women tell me they would never vote for him due to his hard core radical beliefs and their vote would go to the Democrat or not vote at all.

Cruz would be a sure fire no winner in a national election and I wish Fox News would quit interviewing him that allows him to spout off and everyone thinks he is talking for the entire GOP party.

RELH

Oh....I agree Cruz is not a viable national candidate, but if we didn't have him screaming loud from the right of the party the turtle man would move too far left.............

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-14 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]Did you watch McConnell's victory speech? He was very, very gracious and accomodating. He knows that the worst thing for the future of the Republican brand is to go off on a witch hunt of impeachment and over turning Obamacare.

The Republicans have to thread a needle in how they keep their base happy and still show the country they can govern. That is a fact and if I were a betting man, I would bet that the chance of keeping the extreme right happy while trying to actually govern is impossible. The tea party doesn't want to govern they want make sure government never works for anybody.

Look at Ted Cruz and what he laid down as a marker and then juxtapose that with the winning speech from McConnell and those two views cannot co-exist.

If McConnell and Boehner cannot keep the extreme right in line and actually get something done then all of this is just hot air.

Nemont

Ever see McConnell's silent ad? Must be the reason his lips don't move in it.

GTXwH0G.gif

Earlier Obama said "make no mistake, I'm not on the ballot but my policies are" (something to that effect).

His policies got his clock cleaned in the election.

Today he was asked if he would bend some to account for the people's clear message? (like Clinton did)

"Oh hell no" (something to that effect)

And now everyone wants the Republicans to be kind and gentle and reach across the isle so they can stay in office and have a chance to lead this nation. If they do it, they're suckers and will never be believed again.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

.....Ronald Reagan ruined California with amnesty.....and if Obama or the newly powerful dipshits do it again....the entire country will be California in 4 to 8 years....even our beloved stronghold of the mid states.......

Agree, but, the horse is already out of the barn.

Illegal immigration has to be dealt with, they are here, and they vote.
The democrats have played it well basically locking in the Hispanic vote.
Hispanics being the fastest growing segment of the population, you got to figure a way to not alienate them.

Closing the borders has to happen. Nothing else will keep this problem from growing.

Good idea , but how are you going to seal the border? ain't gonna happen.

This election was no mandate . it's no longer about Obama he's over, it's republican vs democrat and that's not in your favor as approval polls all show.

Things can change a lot in two years, and they don't have to change much and you're left with your hat in hand.

The teabaggers better be shut down fast.

Stay thirsty my friends

define a mandate....please

440 said;
>This election was no mandate .
> it's no longer about
>Obama he's over, it's republican
>vs democrat and that's not
>in your favor as approval
>polls all show.

That's some brilliant political analysis right there 440.
I think they are talking about the national election, you know the one that just happened yesterday.
For years, you've been predicting doom and gloom for Republicans and conservatives.
The only opinion poll that matters.
Yup, looks like we really took a beating.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/here-s-what-a-republican-takeover-looks-likes-20141105

Too big of word for you zigger? here

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mandate

I said they would win the senate for some time and they did so you're blowing that californian smoke again. and I'm saying is isn't because the republicans are so popular it's because Obama is not pulling any votes and more democrats were up for reelection.

If you think the republicans are in the hands of god why do all the polls still show the republican congress has a lower approval than the democrats? use the FOX poll if that's what you have to do, they're all the same.

http://pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm

http://pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm

This is more common than not during a presidents second term. yes the republicans won this round, and the dems pathetic campaign focus made it easy for them.

Stay thirsty my friends

The most effective way, and less costly, will be to issued work permits to the aliens already here. They may remain if employed and do not violate our criminal laws. Deport the ones with criminal records, then require all employers to check new hires and all their employees for a work permit or proof of citizenship. Make the penalty fines for employing ones without a work permit big enough to deter any employer from hiring illegals.

Also employer must keep copy of work permit on file for inspection and proof he required proper documentation prior to hiring. They can stay and work but do not have rights of a citizen. This will give our government time to figure out how some may become citizens if they wish to go that route.

If they can not get jobs after jumping the border, they will stop coming. Would save many millions on erecting border fence and hiring a thousand more border patrol agents.

RELH

Our national guard and reserve forces all do a 2 wk hitch every year, maybe their new destination is our southern border.

>Oh....I agree Cruz is not a
>viable national candidate, but if
>we didn't have him screaming
>loud from the right of
>the party the turtle man
>would move too far left.............

One thing about Cruz, he's one of the few in congress with the balls to stand up to both the rhinos and the dems. Just the fact that they can't stand him makes me like him.

As for the border, build a damn fence already. You would need less border patrol. It wouldn't be fool proof but it would put a huge dent in the success rate. That's already been proven.

Fences can be cut by wire cutters. they can dig under it . whatever, it's just a feel good idea.

Most employers already have to run paperwork before hiring. the illegals who are here know if they hang around they're going to get amnesty. so all that stopping them from working will do is force them into living off 100% social services. and it won't stop new ones from coming, so you can't work you live off the state. still beats starving and getting your head sawed off at home.

There is only one way to deal with it, deportation . and that's not going to happen so this subject is a waste of time.

Stay thirsty my friends

Deportation....Ya that works. Lol
I suspect people that say a fence/wall won't work, secretly don't want the border secured.

General Douglas Macarthur wanted to spread nuclear waste along the Korean/Chinese border to keep the Chinese out of he Korean war.

I guess that would not be globally acceptable now.

Deportation works , we used to do it all the time. better than making legal welfare bums out of them because they can't work.

I'm not at all worried about closing the border it's just that you can't do it. once a bag of groceries costs $400 you'll get me a worker visa program that works for me. knock yourself out , in the mean time I've stopped growing crops that are labor intensive it's not worth it anymore.

Nobody ever answers , what are the republicans going to do about it now that they have some pull?

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom