Too much water!!

shedcrazy

Very Active Member
Now i would normally never say this but my unit is one giant water hole right now. going to make early season elk hunting difficult. On the up-note, man, the grass is tall and green. antler growth should be optimum.

....You will need to know how to hunt elk. It won't be as easy as sitting on a waterhole or meadow.

Very few places here that aren't
very green and have standing water,all tanks full.I'm near Quemado. Tons of elk and real healthy looking.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-13 AT 09:08AM (MST)[p]edit for content. ;-)

yes, I agree with that. simply sitting water is but one tool in a robust toolbox.

Hank, do you guide in those units 12 and 13? I bet you grab up quite a few sheds in the spring. will you be hunting in one of those units?

Full tanks and then some.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom