Tooth Aging?

hubba_3

I just shot a buck in WY and was wondering if there is a tooth aging program in Wyoming? I would like to send my buck's teeth in to see how old he is...

Budgets are tight, so G&F does not do as many as before.

You can Google Matson's lab in Montana. They are the only private lab I know of that does tooth aging.

If you run into the local game warden they might also do it for you if/when they do a game check. It wouldn't be an exact like when you send in a tooth but I got checked last year and he was nice enough to age my antelope buck I had shot.

I had no problem getting my buck aged from a non targeted area last year. I brought the teeth in the g&f office in Laramie. There was no charge. A friend said he had to pay $20.

>lets see a pic of the
>buck!!

Here's a picture for you ;) I personally think he is in the 7-9yr old range... but who knows. He had a few of his molars missing, and the molars he still had were either chipped or worn down pretty good.
57744jasoncam185.jpg

Wowzers, congrats on a super heavy awesome buck. He sure looks old and I would be interested as well, sometimes the age comes back not as you expected (a smaller buck is older than you thought). In this case, I agree that he sure looks old, heck he could be 10!

Wyoming game and fish will do it. 307-766-5616. Give them a call and ask about the fee etc... The lab is on the campus of UW.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-16 AT 00:50AM (MST)[p]Your first post said that you shot "a" buck. You didn't mention that it was a monster! Congrats on an awesome buck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom