Toprut statistics update??

I noticed that yesterday for CO, and submitted a question. Response was "...have reached out to the hunt team...will let you know when I hear back from them, likely Monday."

Here's a link to CO, on teh CPW website.

Thanks guys. I know how to look up the odds individually. It’s just tedious and like have a one stop shopping experience with places like Toprut. They were supposed to be updated in early January but they haven’t yet. Just wondered if anyone had heard anything.

Odds for NR will be really skewed this year anyway with the new 75/25 split. Should be interesting!
Uh Oh. I feel like I'm opening up a can of worms here, but what is the 75/25 change you referenced? IT probably goes without saying, but will it make it harder for NRs to draw this year?

Thanks.

They updated Wyoming and Arizona. I am guessing they are just going down the list of what is due first and will get to Colorado soon. There is enough data on Colorado where they could easily estimate the points required to draw with the change to 75/25 but I doubt they do that.

They updated Wyoming and Arizona. I am guessing they are just going down the list of what is due first and will get to Colorado soon. There is enough data on Colorado where they could easily estimate the points required to draw with the change to 75/25 but I doubt they do that.
I logged in with my OnX and still nothing. Ill keep trying.

The sad thing is that the states statistics info has been out for six months. If this is the normal from now on, toprut will lose business

The sad thing is that the states statistics info has been out for six months. If this is the normal from now on, toprut will lose business
It could be that OnX is causing part of the problem? I don't know but I just don't like OnX and their product, way better options out there and they have some serious flaws.

I emailed them and this was the response I got:

Jan 29, 2024, 11:58 AM MST

David,

Thank you for reaching out to onX Maps! It appears I gave you incorrect information over the phone. I checked with our Hunt team and Toprut will still be available. Please follow the link below to go directly to Toprut. Our new website (Hunt Research Tools) and Toprut both require an Elite membership.

Both sites are being updated every week with the new draw odds. Toprut will be phased out starting next year because we have created a better experience on Hunt Research Tools. I apologize for the confusion and please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Michael Mahlie

Customer Experience Guide

I emailed them and this was the response I got:

Jan 29, 2024, 11:58 AM MST

David,

Thank you for reaching out to onX Maps! It appears I gave you incorrect information over the phone. I checked with our Hunt team and Toprut will still be available. Please follow the link below to go directly to Toprut. Our new website (Hunt Research Tools) and Toprut both require an Elite membership.

Both sites are being updated every week with the new draw odds. Toprut will be phased out starting next year because we have created a better experience on Hunt Research Tools. I apologize for the confusion and please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Michael Mahlie

Customer Experience Guide
Their a joke! You would think they would have emailed those paying their salaries that they had a whole different tool out there on their website so we could compare it vs. TopRut. It looks decent but I had no idea it even existed and I am an Elite Member. Doesn't look like they updated Colorado on their new system either.

My question to TopRut was answered with "...our staff will get back with you on Monday." On Wednesday, after no response, I received a "How was your service?" email. I ignored it. Maybe I should've responded.

Oh well. Sounds like the two systems have the same info at this time. I'll use TR until I can't.

I see they updated New Mexico. But not Colorado or Utah yet.

By the way, 2 yrs in a row I have let my eite membership lapse. Within a couple days of that, I get a 20% off offer for elite. So $80 instead of $100/ yr

I employ a similar tactic. I call them a few days before it expires and ask for the RMEF, or NWTF, or whatever discount they have. Saving $20 is almost 2 visits to Chick fil A! :D

It sounds like Toprut is getting bought out by On X, with On X attempting to build a platform to compete with Gohunt. I like comparing multiple platforms. I compare Hunting fool vs. Go Hunt vs. Eastman's (and read between the lines on certain units). Actually not all agree with units, and they have their own odds. I will miss Toprut ( i would just say its likely unwise to rely on only one platform for all you info). I do like Gohunt, but they lag in updating the info on each unit , particularly the "buzz" section; a unit in a big decline will remain "great unit", for many years.

Copy that, I rarely follow the websites buzz on specific units but on occasion I will if I know nothing about a particular area. GoHunt has had 2023 numbers posted well ahead of most other sites.

2022 harvest numbers and tag numbers

IMG_1450.png

Last edited:
You don’t pay anything for toprut or for their new odds platform. It’s included in your OnX subscription.

Ok guys, school me on something here.. What is the difference between the info you get from these sites like top rut and go hunt and the info you can pull right from the CPW for free ?

Ok guys, school me on something here.. What is the difference between the info you get from these sites like top rut and go hunt and the info you can pull right from the CPW for free ?
Nothing. It’s just a lot faster and easier. You can search al units by points or a single unit including all the seasons for that unit, how many hunters, hunter success. All on the same screen

Took me less than a minute to pull up this info for unit 44 in Colorado. Then you click on specific hunt and it tells you odds and harvest statistics.

I think I asked the same question, and Tx58 gave me the same answer! :LOL: :LOL:

The info is the same. But I hadn't used TopRut since it became a subscription. After using it, it is quicker and easier. Glad it was available with my OnX.

A feature I like is it sorts by points required to draw the tag.

Good luck!

Nothing. It’s just a lot faster and easier. You can search al units by points or a single unit including all the seasons for that unit, how many hunters, hunter success. All on the same screen
Ok Gotcha, Do they get their hunter success from the same CPW stats?

I think I asked the same question, and Tx58 gave me the same answer! :LOL: :LOL:

The info is the same. But I hadn't used TopRut since it became a subscription. After using it, it is quicker and easier. Glad it was available with my OnX.

A feature I like is it sorts by points required to draw the tag.

Good luck!
I assume it is a separate subscription on top of onX?

I assume it is a separate subscription on top of onX?
Edit, go to next post for correct Login.

Nope. It's part of the OnX subscription. I think it is the Elite package. AKA as all 50 states, and the one that retails for $99, or $79 ish with the promo codes.

Ugh oh. I was gonna post a screenshot of where it was. But, it's not there anymore.

Last edited:
About to get frustrated with toprut and ask for my money back. They still don’t have statistics updated.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom