Total Tags/Bonus tags

Wiszard

Long Time Member
If you look at the draw odds, it says total tags. Then to the right of that it says Bonus Tags. Are those bonus tags not included in the Total tags number? For example, I was looking at the Pauns management hunt as a resident. It stated total tags was 67 but then bonus tags was 33. So does that mean there are only 67 resident tags or 100 resident tags? Thanks for the help.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

In utah 50% of tags go to max point holders. So if a unit has 100 tags 50 will go to max point holder and 50 to random draw equaling 100 tags. Make sense?

So, the bonus tags are guaranteed to max point holders?

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Yes, The 50% bonus permits go to the highest point holders.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Keep in mind 30% of those tags go to the youth and 30% to seniors. It makes it really tough to know what's going on with these tags. I wish the dwr would provide those stats.

Uh....now you got me really jacked up, Paul!! 30% of the bonus tags (max points) go to Junior and senior hunters?

Steve

Actually, the 30/30 allocation is 'aimed' at reducing over-all harvest while being able to issue more tags to meet management thresholds and make more money. We all know old people and kids can't shoot or walk, so giving them more tags doesn't impact harvest hardly at all. Its win win for wildlife and the UDWR.

Ok Ok, I'm just kidding lol

Bill

>Keep in mind 30% of those
>tags go to the youth
>and 30% to seniors. It
>makes it really tough to
>know what's going on with
>these tags. I wish the
>dwr would provide those stats.
>

Prism, I wasn't aware that 60% of tags went to youth/seniors, where is this in the proclamation? Does that go for Bonus Tags or just Regular Tags?

I though the 60% rule only applied to Management Hunts.

Grizzly

goofyelk- I guess youre right! They give less tags to the demographic that will actually fulfill the goal at hand. Why not just create a junior hunt on that unit and they'll make a bunch more money? I hate Utah!!

Steve

The odd numdered permit always goes to the regular draw, important to remember with low tag numder hunts.

Want to be really pissed? How about the Hunt Expo taking 25% nonresident quota overall, but considering the cherry pick..mayube half of the nonresident really premium tags..100% of the bonus tags of nonresident hunts with a nonresident quota of two! All for some sort of nebulous cause... At least the youth tags may increase interest of the future generations...and long term good of the sport.... Something tangible.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom