Tough question

silverstatehunter

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-10 AT 12:37PM (MST)[p]I consider myself pretty knowledgable about Nevada's hunting info, but I realized I have no clue as to what the answer is to this next question? I realize I may need to call NDOW for more info. This is a really tough question to explain.

Can a person put in as a GROUP for 3 out of his 5 choices and then use his remaining two choices and put in as an individual. For Example I have a two friends that aren't serious hunters and want me to put in as a group with them. They each have 6 points. I have 0 points. I explained to them that we as a group will only get 4 points and they are fine with that. They do not want to burn there points on a lesser unit. I however must get a tag for my sanity. I know we enter the draw with 4 points as a group. but can I apply like this example below.

1st.choice (as a group)- great area - 4 bonus points
2nd Choice (as a group)- good area - 4 bonus points
3rd choice (as a group)- good area - 4 bonus points
4th Choice (individual)- Easy draw archery - 0 bonus p.
5th choice (individual)- Easiest draw unit archery - 0 bonus P.

any help would be great!!!

The way I have always understood things is that when you are in a party, you are in a party, no matter what. You can't drop out of a party if you don't draw. The apps are always linked together. If one draws, all draw.

Later,

Marcial

I agree with the post above. Once you commit as an individual in a party application you are all in for the same units with the same points averaged amongst the group. Good luck!

I agree with both posts above.

I can't think of any way that could be done on the app and it would present a nightmare for a programmer too I think. Too many variables.

I think everyone above is right. Just put in as a single and if they get drawn you can go on thier hunt and your hunt. fatrooster.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom