Toyota Tundra Owners

never_catch

Long Time Member
I just thought I'd pass along some information since I remember some of you guys saying you have Tundras. Our fuel milage sucks a$$, period!! Well after getting a Flowmaster exhaust and K&N cold air intake, I went from 14.2 to 19.8 mpg averaging 65 mph.Yea it costs about a grand but I'm pretty happy now that I've done it...not to mention it sounds hella badass!!

$hit talkers feel free to tune in ;)

>I'd rather drive a 1982 Subaru
>Brat.
>
>M'Balz Es Hari

Don't let Wisz BS You!

He does drive a LEZBARU BRAT!:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

Careful ~Z~!

Sounds like there might be some Nissan Owners in the near Future that might make you Inhale!:D:D:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

I average about 16-16.5 in my 2012 Tundra driving pretty nice. I get almost the exact same mileage I got with my 2006 F 150 but with a lot more power. I agree with the comment above, I think this new Titan could be a game changer, like an ecoboost on steroids.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Open up the exhaust and let it breath will help any truck. We change out a lot of pipe and mufflers to a big size just for that reason. We do it cheaper then that too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I've read that adding an intake and larger exhaust adds more horsepower but shifts it to a higher rpm? They also say that you lose low end torque with these modifications. What is your take on that?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

....that rice burner wouldn't get 19.8 mpg on a tow hook Z...who you trying to kid?????

My Tundra can burn rice and corn Zigger. Has anyone with a Tundra tried taking out the charcoal filter in the air box, and if so, what were your results?

accubond-
I would like to know if anyone has done this as well.

I pulled the charcoal filter out of my Tacoma before my Tundra. The Tacoma felt a little stronger, or so says my ass dyno. Truthfully if you have ever held one in your hands, they seem to be very restrictive as far as air flow.

I've read the same but some say they felt/observed no difference? Not that big of a deal, 381 horse and 401 lbs ft of torque is more than enough for a half ton gasser but if I can gain anything with no cost I'll take it.

My dmaxie stomps a mudhole in that shiz since i straightpiped and chipped it. And that is pulling a 20 foot concrete trailer highted who hang.

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom