tpis and broadheads gr???????

B

bullet_man1

what gr do i shoot?bow is a browning spectem 65 lbs 28 draw length.a freind said i should shoot 125 gr.what do every one else think?

i dont want you to think that im telling you what to shoot but
i really like shootin 75gr field tips and 76 grn rocket broadheads i shoot a new martin prowler se set at 70 pounds and 28 draw, with gold tip 5575 carbons with 75 grn tips and im shootin on ave. 280 fps. which is good for my bow and i really like my set up but thats what i shoot

The weight of the broadhead is determined by several factors. First, the arrow you are shooting. The length and spine of the arrow, and draw weight of the bow determines how the bow will shoot(tune). If the arrow is too long with a weak spine and a heavy broadhead, it will 'bend' the arrow and it won't tune. You should shoot the heaviest broadhead possible to still allow for true flight and a good 'tune' of your bow. Keep in mind that the lighter the broadhead the faster the arrow speed. Keep in mind also that a lighter the arrow is not always the best thing. If you are hunting elk or moose, you need as much weight as possible for penetration. You can trade arrow weight for speed but everything hinges on the draw weight, spine and length of the arrow. Bottom-line; see your local archery shop pro, he has all the charts and facts for your set-up!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom