Traditions or omega

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-04 AT 08:20AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-04 AT 08:18?AM (MST)

If the Traditions was...
... "Buy One - Get One Free"... I would still get the Omega instead & I own three Traditions and the Omega.

There's really no comparison unless you want to talk synthetic stocks. The rest.... from trigger poundage, barrel quality, plastic vs steel sights, resale value, stainless breechplug vs regular metal, blowback, wood availability, out-of-the-box accuracy odds, considerable differences in product warranty... etc... this really is a no-brainer!

............."KEEP YER' POWDER DRY FELLAS".............

Which Traditions?? I have a stainless Omega and a Traditions Pursuit LT. The difference is so great I don't know how to discuss it. CVA Kodiak seems like a fair copy of the Omega and the one I looked at in "Wallyworld" didn't look too bad. It is difficult to compare foreign manufactured material with questionable warantee support with a T/C rifle that has known super support. Depends on how long you want to keep the rifle and how much you want to spend.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-04 AT 09:26AM (MST)[p]Hornaddiction

Hold on there! From world-wide ML forum web reports I've gathered on 22 ML sites, new Pursuits are being returned to stores at an alarming rate due to their heavy, burden-some triggers.... returned to Traditions factory for lack of accuracy.

Besides an average 4 lb trigger, Omegas over Pursuits give you
much-much better warranty
much stronger barrel
real stainless steel breechplug
fluting option
wood option
thumbhole option
stainless barrel option
American hands-built

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-04
>AT 09:26?AM (MST)

>
>Hornaddiction
>
>Hold on there! From world-wide ML
>forum web reports I've gathered
>on 22 ML sites, new
>Pursuits are being returned to
>stores at an alarming rate
>due to their heavy, burden-some
>triggers.... returned to Traditions factory
>for lack of accuracy.
>
>Besides an average 4 lb trigger,
>Omegas over Pursuits give you
>
>much-much better warranty
>much stronger barrel
>real stainless steel breechplug
>fluting option
>wood option
>thumbhole option
>stainless barrel option
>American hands-built
>
>............."KEEP YER' POWDER DRY FELLAS".............

I have no idea about the rest of the world TripleSe7en but I stand by my last post. I love "my" Pursuit LT and I have no need to buy an Omega!!

Horn
www.trophiesonthewall.com

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-04 AT 09:58AM (MST)[p]Sorry Hornaddiction... you ain't gettin' off that easy!

You were the one that stated "No need to buy an Omega!"

With Omegas being the #1 Consumer-Satisfied ML Rifle the past two years according to Gun Tests Magazine, then it only makes sense that prospective buyers choosing between your gun and my Omega stand a much better chance at achieving "out-of-the-box" accuracy with the Omega.

So you see.... there is a "need" of mine to reply to your posts. However, I'm glad you got a good Traditions Pursuit. I hope it brings you a lifetime of pleasure/rewards.

TripleSe7en,
Not trying to get in a pissin match with you but maybe I should have worded my original post better. I was refering to myself when I said "no need to buy an Omega"
I have no complaints with my Traditions Pursuit Lt. Straight out of the box it was very accurate. Once I figured out the charge and bullet it liked it took very little adjustment to sight it in where I wanted it. Also I have no complaint with the trigger pull mine is just fine. I am sure that there are good and bad Traditions and Omega's out there but I dont and wont believe that all Pursuit Lt's are bad. I wonder how many Omega's get sent back to the factory each year? Have you ever checked?
Best regards and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Horn
www.trophiesonthewall.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom