Traditions vortek?

Trad Bow 1979

This will be my first muzzle loader season, so I need a muzzle loader. I am convinced I want the Traditions Vortek. What do you guys think of it? I saw one for sale that came with an optic that had a reticle for out to 300 yards. I am a little weary about gun and scope combo packages, especially if it is only $429.00 as a package. What optic do you guys recommend? Thanks for your time!

If your hunting in Utah you can only use a 1x scope so the combo wouldn't be best. I just bought the Vortek Ultralight LDR. So far so good. Only shot it a few times though.

Had the LDR last year, Great gun and an excellent shooter with conicals. I shot the Thors and hornady FPB. 90-100gr Blackhorn209, CCI 209 Magnum primers and superb accuracy. The 300gr FPB shot one hole groups @ 100 yards. Hell of a bullet to load in the bore though.

www.FrontierMuzzleloading.com

Thanks for the feedback guys! I heard that this muzzle loader is capable of hitting its mark at 300 yards. I am not sure what I think about that. Kind of a long shot to take when you probably won't get a second one off in case of a poorly placed shot. I am trying to find information giving the knockdown power of these things.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom