Trail Cam Brands???

Tikka

Long Time Member
I have two trail cams, one is a ten year old Cuddeback that last week gave out on me. The other is a Stealth G30 that's 6 months old. I'm not real impressed with the Stealth cam as it relates to quality. (see pictures below) My question is for around $100-$130 bucks whats the best trail cam these days in that price range??? Please post some pics as well...

6120bowhunt028.jpg

6388stc0078.jpg

6014stc0074.jpg

4362cdy0026.jpg

Those Stealth Cams look great to me!

I always elect to go with cheap cameras, right now I have a bunch of Stealth Cams, and the pictures are clear enough to know what the animal is, if he has extras, etc. And I can stick a 4GB card in them and they will last a LONG time.

I go cheap since I hunt all public land, and I can't always trust my fellow U-tards.

I really like Covert trail cameras. Cheap and take good enough pictures to tell me what I need to know. The mp8 are around $100 and they are good but the extreme red 40s are 150 and are a great camera in my opinion.

Browning are number one right now. Small quick trigger speed and they don't cost much. I have 4 of them.

I have three Moultrie M-100's. Awesome range, great quality pics, very small and they take great night pics without a flash. I'm pretty sure you would like the M-100.

Go to Trailcampro.com and they review every trail camera on the market,its a great outfit to be testing and giving out reviews for free,but youll see without a doubt the reconxy are the best by far,yeah there $500 bucks but if your on private property and dont have to worry about them getting stolen there worth the money.Ive bought four of them over the years(and the only one made in the usa)and had one problem with one of the first ones i bought,sent it in and fixed it for free in one week.But if you want a cheaper one around$150 you can get the new bushnell agresesor(or some name life that)and they ranked it third just under thr reconxy,so i"m going to buy two of those for my elk trip this year because i cant efford to get my reconxy stolen,also all of the professional wildlife biologist and people in that kind of business always use reconxy because they can handle the roughest conditions,work in -20degrees and they dont fail,but for sure check out tralcampro.com and go from there and of course they sell them all at a competive price, and always use lithum batteries because they last forever.!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-15 AT 08:48AM (MST)[p]In your stated price range I am +1 for Moultrie, probably in the M880 series. I have an earlier model, M88, and it takes great pictures and video, if you are so inclined. If you can scratch up a few more dollars you may want to take a look at their 150 panoramic cameras. I have two of them. While I think the panoramic picture option is not all that useful, it is an option you can bypass. The 150 degree of coverage and multiple video clip length options, if you like video, are very handy. The camera head swivels inside the housing three ways either left, right or center. One thing I don't like is if something is sensed on the left or right side, the camera will move to that side, but will not follow to the center if the animal moves that way. This is only a problem in video mode.

Great advice from everyone... Cuddeback will give me 30% off a new cam if I send them my old one, so I will try one of their newer models...

I am going to buy a third one so all this advice is going to good use...

Wild Game Innovations. I bought 5 over the past 3 years and all work flawlessly. $68 on Amazon.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

kykiller thanks for the link you posted.
I think I like the Bushnell HD

Thanks Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom