Trail cam photo - mountain lion attacking an elk

scandalousbob

I was skimming through my last round of trail cam photos and just about skipped over this one. It was taken late in the evening so the quality isn't that great, but still an amazing photo.

(Youtube video highlighting what's what in the photo:
)

8710901lionattack.jpg

9991602closeup.jpg

>Sweet pic Bob! Find a carcass
>nearby? Thanx fer sharein!

I didn't even look. Didn't realize until later that day what had happened there. In fact, by the time I saw the photo, I had already moved the camera to a different location because I didn't think it was taking very good pictures at that spot.

Wow, that is pretty cool.

I got a lion on one of my cameras this year and was somewhat in denial. I can't imagine having found that pic on my camera!

Thanks for sharing.

The lion more then likely drug the deer carcass back into the higher brush before feeding. I watched a lion at a distance of 40 yards take down a doe and throttle it by crushing the neck. Then the lion drug the deer about 20 yards uphill behind a fallen tree before starting to feed on it.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-16 AT 01:30AM (MST)[p]You are right, small ones. What do you expect from a Kali boy.

RELH

Awesome - thanks for sharing!

Did you check for a kill or did the elk escape

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

FYI RELH, rather certain it will be many many years before you stop hearing jokes about that comment... lol

As for picture, that is so rare to have been caught on game camera! Think of how many cameras are out there and the amount of pictures being taken and how often do you see this? Awesome photo!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Yes we captured a picture of ONE lion so lets call the lynch mob and tell everbody how bad lions are on the deer and elk population KILL THEM ALL!!!!

>Yes we captured a picture of
>ONE lion so lets call
>the lynch mob and tell
>everbody how bad lions are
>on the deer and elk
>population KILL THEM ALL!!!!

Works for me.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-16 AT 08:22PM (MST)[p]>Yes we captured a picture of
>ONE lion so lets call
>the lynch mob and tell
>everbody how bad lions are
>on the deer and elk
>population KILL THEM ALL!!!!

Can we kill all the wolves too?

>>Yes we captured a picture of
>>ONE lion so lets call
>>the lynch mob and tell
>>everbody how bad lions are
>>on the deer and elk
>>population KILL THEM ALL!!!!
>
>
>Can we killed all the wolves
>too?
^^^^
Internet Gold! ???
Awesome photo!

[font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

Awesome picture. A few years back I captured a bear taking down a deer on my trail camera which was way cool. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome pictures. Several years ago I got a similar series of pics:

85354elklion1.jpg

75480elklion2.jpg

70994elklion3.jpg

43145elklion4.jpg

Unfortunately I had the settings set to rest after 4 pictures, so I didn't get to see how this eventually played, but I do know the same bull returned about five hours later.

Baited trail cans get tons of wildlife killed by predators that would not have been killed other wise.

I see a lot of trail cam photos with predators lurking in the back ground.

That being said, cool catch.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom