Trail cam pics.

O

ohiohntr

Here are a couple camera pics I got recently. I was wondering if anyone knows what those 3 funky growths on the deer's face and neck are. They almost look like giant ticks getting ready to pop.

46773011613db5c9.jpg

4677302861f253bb.jpg

I have seen these growths on deer before and don't remember what they are called. I was told by a game warden that they are not harmful. Hard to believe. Sorry I don't know more.

What kind of trail cam did you use? I'm just curious because I have been looking to purchase one in the next year or so.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-07 AT 11:00AM (MST)[p]I have two of the moultrie gamespy cameras. The one that took this picture is actually branded as Cabelas, but is made by moultrie. It is the 4 megapixel version.

Cabelas now has the new 5 and 6 megapixel versions the 5 sells for$149. Or one with an on camera viewer for $199.

I was initally going to buy a cuddeback, but decided to try this due to it being about a third the cost. It has worked great for me. I liked it so much I bought another. The pictures turn out great. The only thing that I don't like is the way the flash at night makes the deers eyes look about the size of dinner plates.

I would also like to know what those are. I took pictures of this deer two summers aqo. Never found out what the growths are...

P10202971.jpg

>Dont make me post the WART
>picture!!!
>
>
>-DallanC
DUDE...DON'T DO IT!!!
i'm not coming back to this post again.
just in case.

I believe they are from Bot flies...

Bot fly:
Member of Gasterophilidae family of flies whose maggots are parasitic in the stomach of mammals, especially equids.

at least that is what a biologist that I know once told me.

tb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom