Trail Camera Boxes.

BuckBuster

I was reading on a previous post about having a trail camera messed with. I just wanted to let you guys know that GFC Precision makes some amazing camera boxes. They aren't stamped steel, they are 1/8" heavy duty welded boxes with locks. These are great guys who are super talented and are located in Santa Fe. They have made boxes for my Bushnell and Moultree cameras and I couldn't be happier with them. They Also make AR500 steel targets, metal art and about anything you can dream up.
JB

GFCPrecision.com
Manolo,264-3144
Shane,490-0207
2695trailcam.jpg

Those look great, only issue is that the critical components such as the lense, flash, and sensor are still exposed and vulnerable. but that's about as bear proof you can get. Last year I had some bulls mess with mine?

I'm not sure I've seen a box that does protect the lens ect. To me having my cameras stolen or messed up/with is the only issue. I've had elk, cattle, bears and people ruin cameras without a box plenty of times. If someone wants to ruin your camera they can, but they won't get it off the tree or get it opened to take your memory card.

>I'm not sure I've seen a
>box that does protect the
>lens ect. To me having
>my cameras stolen or messed
>up/with is the only issue.
>I've had elk, cattle, bears
>and people ruin cameras without
>a box plenty of times.
>If someone wants to ruin
>your camera they can, but
>they won't get it off
>the tree or get it
>opened to take your memory
>card.

Agree %100, I would have loved to see the s.d. card on the camera that was tampered with.

BuckBuster.
I am interested. Can you take some pics of the lock? About what do they cost?
Also, I had one lock bock that the punk thieves used a hack saw to get behind and cut the screws off the tree. Is there anything special about these boxes to help try to prevent that?

Thanks

>BuckBuster.
>I am interested. Can you
>take some pics of the
>lock? About what do
>they cost?
>Also, I had one lock bock
>that the punk thieves used
>a hack saw to get
>behind and cut the screws
>off the tree. Is
>there anything special about these
>boxes to help try to
>prevent that?
>
>Thanks

JLG
That was a concern when they were building these boxes. What they did is weld collars that stick into the tree. You use, I believe 1/2" lag bolts to bolt the back plate to the tree and the box attaches to the plate with the steel slide lock. Basically a guy would have to cut through the steel collars and lag bolts to steal your camera. They are $100

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom