Trail Cameras And Cows

BIGOLMULEY

So I am new to the trail cam game.
Question is where I am going to hunt has tons of cattle. So where to set up the cams? Obviously water is great but I see the cattle just pounding it. I know a few spots the deer travel by, and have seen them on the salt blocks, but cattle on them as well.
Do you just set them up anyway and hope you don't get 10000 pics of cows? Or try for the out of the way spot you know deer travel?

Thanks,

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

Cows and sheep are bad, but squirrels and birds are worse. I know guys who have put up temporary fences. But they were on private property. I don't know the federal regs on fencing on federal land, but I would imagine it is illegal.

I hope you get some more creative comments.

You have to set the trail cam to ONLY take pics of deer, elk and naked women.

It's called a discriminator mode. My metal detector has it also.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

Nice, i will have to set it to that function. Heading down is 2 weeks to set a couple up. I figure I will set one at water and one on a trail under a cliff I see bucks on often.

Thanks,

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-11 AT 08:42PM (MST)[p]I once got a great mug shot of a "non-native" sheep herder, trying to figure out what was hanging from a tree in the middle of the mountains. He looked pretty spooked when it flashed in his face! Thankfully he had all his cloths on!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom