Trail Cams - Good News!

Wasatch

Just saw this over on the Utahwildlife.net forum and thought I'd post it up here....Sounds like there really is NO law regarding Trail Cam use in Utah!

"Re: Trail cam, treestand, ATV..Forest service restrictions
by sroot ? Jul 21, '11, 8:21

Good News! I am Scott Root, Conservation Outreach Mgr. for the DWR and I wrote the article on preparing for the archery hunt and the new law about only being able to put cameras out "the week before the hunt". I had your forum comments forwarded to me. I am also an avid trail camera user and have written several articles about this topic (my favorite hobby). The information given to me, regarding "one week before the hunt" was very disturbing as well. So as to not hurt agency relations, I won't comment on the "misquoted" issue. However, I called the USFS to re-check into the information and law about "When trail cameras can be put out" and it was stated to me that there is indeed no law out there limiting when trail cameras can be put up in the forest. I apologize for the confusion (and probably loss of sleep by many of us) over this incorrect statement! Go get your cameras set up!!! P.S. I will try and write and release an article today about the joy of using trail cameras and insert the correct information into the article and state that there has been some confusion over when cameras can be put out."

Scott,
Thanks for your response. I know you guys are not in the business of intentionally making things hard for us hunters, and it is always good to get positive clarification on fuzzy issues.
Keep up the good work! I for one, appreciate what you do.

They still haven't changed the press release on the DWR page.

Elkoholic.gif

Scott, thanks for your response and taking the time to check this out and getting back to us. Keep up the good work.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom