Transgender Mule Deer

BenHuntn

Friend took this buck in Colorado. Doe with horns. Only Colorado would breed transgender deer.

thumbnail.jpg

My cousin Overton killed a buck in Colorado many years ago. It was a crazy cactus buck. It was born a male but somehow lost its balls. It was basically a doe with horns. We didn't know what to think of it But that was back before we knew what transgender was. Lol.

Some rancher friends of mine on Glade Park use to rope the fawns in the spring and casterate them. This resulted in some strange horns. I guess you have not been a real cowboy until you rope a deer. They said it was pretty wild. My dad always thought some fawns got the cure from coyotes getting them by the NADS .

Had a buddy of mine think it was a good idea to attempt a steer wrestling adventure on a buck we jumped up while hunting horseback... bad call. We busted a buck up that had been shot in the front leg so it was running 3 legged, my buddy ( big stout young man) reacted to chase the buck on his horse. Well, the deer did a zig/zag and Winston and his horse basically ran over the deer . Winston baled off his horse and grabbed the deer by its antlers. That deer damn near killed him. Winston looked like a ragdoll just with the strength on that deers neck . We were young and stupid high-schoolers . Ended up having to harvest that critter with a knife. Camp was full of cowboys with big exaggerated stories, they didnt believe us until the deer was skinned and no bullet holes.

Last edited:
Some rancher friends of mine on Glade Park use to rope the fawns in the spring and casterate them. This resulted in some strange horns. I guess you have not been a real cowboy until you rope a deer. They said it was pretty wild. My dad always thought some fawns got the cure from coyotes getting them by the NADS .

I know if sheepherders that used to catch fawns and nut them trying to make cactus bucks

I shot one just the other side of that mountain in Utah that little nuts but big horns I think they are 7 1/2 bases off the hook mass. One of the best eating bucks I have ever shot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom