trapn wolves

blindsquirrel1

Ordered traps tonight. After tracking wolves two of the last three days, just to learn more about them, Im anxious for the season to open. Fresh tracks are easy to find in the roads after each snow & Ive seen them three times in the spotting scope, however shooting one has proven more than difficult.
Any pointers for a new trapper appreciated.
Good luck to all of you who are going to give it a try.

Good Luck man, location is key and it sounds like you've already got that figured out. I've trapped for 15 years or so, I won't be doing any wolf trapping this year, it's pretty far for me to travel and I'll be busy chasing after other critters.

If I had one suggestion (plea) it would be to go above and beyond to make sure that your setting in an area where there won't be dogs around. As much as I'm glad that F&G is serious about harvesting some wolves, I fear that it won't be too long before there a story on the news where some idiot sets a trap right next to a rest area and catches someones pet.

Good luck though. Feel free to PM and I can give you a few pointers.

Make sure they aren't set in late season bird hunting areas, especially Chukar. I saw a pack while Chukar hunting last year with my wirehair.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom