Traveling Time.........Dall Sheep

jcford

Well this time tomorrow I will be in Edmonton on my way to NWT to chase white sheep at Gana River. Anybody else making the trip north tomorrow or Sunday? I will try and post a report when I return on the 18th or 19th. I have a caribou and wolf tag as well, doing the backpack hunt. Good Luck to all the guys & gals going in the next few weeks !!!!! Sleep will be hard to come by tonight.

Best of luck to you!! There are some tremendous rams in that country. I'm 26 days out from my Wyoming sheep hunt. I hope that everyone on MM that has a sheep tag fills out with the ram they want.

Brian,

I'm booked with Justin Wright of Muleshoe Outfitters from Pinedale. I'll keep an eye out for big antelope bucks on the trip through 93. I'll e-mail photos of the hunt, so you can post them on MM.

Dave

To all with sheep permits: Good luck, shoot straight, travel safely, and post when you get back. I hope you all get the hunt of your dreams!

JC,

I fly out of Seatac Monday night. Good luck on your hunt.
Hopefully we will both come home with some nice pics!

flying out of sea-tac wednesday 1:15 pm headed to anchorage then to mcgrath then to bush plane first sheep hunt and still wondering if i have all the gear needed or not

I hunted with Gana way back in 01. I had a great hunt with super nice people. Relax and enjoy the experience of a life time. Be sure to post some pictures of your hunt when you get back.
Bryan

Well guys I just rolled in and had a great trip. What an awsome place that is. My ram is a nice 36"- 11.5 year old, which I was very happy with for a first ram. I saw several rams brought into camp, one was 40"- 12.5 year old and one was 38.5" and 13 years old. We had a great week on caribou with 4 bulls in camp and all of them over 400 and all with double shovels. I think they were glad to get us out of camp so they could get back to realistic caribou hunting. Guys were passing on 380 and 390 bulls because they wanted a bull like the ones already in camp.
Harold said it had never happened before and probably would never happen again.

Harold Grinde runs an awsome camp, super person and he wants everyone to enjoy there stay and get a sheep. Great guides, cooks and pilot. I hope to return someday.

I will send someone some pics to post if someone is willing to do it, I do not have any idea how to do it. It may be tomorrow before I get them downloaded.

Thanks to all here that provided info and encouragment, it was a big help in preparing. If you have never been start saving your pennies and go at least once in your life. I do not think you will regret it.

JC:

Congrats on your hunt. I too have somes pics from my hunt to post, so hopefully someone will get it done for both of us.
You are right about having the privledge of hunting sheep once in your lifetime. For me, it was a gift from God!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom