Tree Stand Dilemma (2 hunters)

4_Plesur

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-07 AT 10:47AM (MST)[p]Over the weekend I went and checked out my trail cam that is on a wallow. I had some great pics and really think this is going to be a great opportunity.

Here's the dilemma. I have a good buddy and he's insisting on putting two tree stands in there at the same time.

Obvisouly with two guys in the area means more chances of getting busted because of human scent. If we can cover up really good is this still a bad idea?

I can see placing 2 stands to better allow for fluctuations in the wind, but no way both could be hunted at the same time. Sounds like this plan could ruin a otherwise good set-up!!

"Good mass & long browtines"

Depending on where these animals are coming from, in relation to where you have your cams set up, and you have the wind just right you should be ok. Now, if you have one in a good wind location and the other in a "iffy" location, then I would make sure that person has cover scent (Masking scent) on top of his scent control. Make sure you take precaution going into your set up with rubber boots as well. If you go by this, you should be just fine.

You should be fine done it many times with good results chances are if they are going to smell both of you they will most likey have smelled one of you!! A few years back me and my brother both killed elk the same morning from the stand location!

Two hunters always means twice the scent, but in past I have hunted on camera for Whitetail and elk and we put the two hunters in the same tree. Off course you have to find a tree large enough and with enough cover for that. (Usually the camerman is the higher tree stand.)

When in the same tree or trees very close together your scent is coming from one direction not two. You can also communicate with a second set of eyes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom