tree stand or ground blind???

muleyhunter413

I am leaning toward the ground blind, but I would like to hear what you guys think. This is for archery elk. Also what stand or blinds do you like and why? Thanks

I prefer a tree stand. A lot less blind spots. IMO there are a lot more shooting lanes out of a tree stand. I have been in on when the wind is blowing and rug is right. All you can hope for is that the suction on your puckered ass will hold you in the seat! LOL

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Tree stands are the way to go unless you have access to private ground where you can pack in a double bull and leave it. I have had great success with both. I like the openness and vision of the tree stand. As Jim said, you typically have far more shooting lanes in the tree stand. Pick a quality manufacturer and make sure you where a safety harness. I would also suggest practicing shooting a lot out of which ever blind style you choose. Shot angles and placement are a bit different than the standing position from level ground. Good luck!

never used a ground blind but do enjoy tree stands, being up in the air also will help with your scent, i like climber stands

The two ground blinds that I have used were made from mother nature. That being said I did save some $$$ lol. I have never been one to sit still let alone tied to a tree but I still use my stand. Man it is hard, lol.

I appreciate your comments and AWLB, I am working out so that my a$% can hold me in the tree. lol. I would like to maybe get one of each and also build some nature supplied blinds. Thanks again fellas.

I use to hunt out of a "mother nature" ground blinds, until I got stared down by a cow moose for 10 minutes.

She and her calf came in to a water hole and I was about 20 feet from them totally concealed. I was thinking to myself, "I would not shoot a buck if right now, even if it was huge"..... Well a monster yearling 2 point :) came in just as I was thinking this. I waited until the calf was on the other side of the cow, (not between us) and shot the buck. The cow moose swung her head around in my direction. I still had my bow out in front of me. She walked right up to me and was sniffing and pawing the ground.

I could see the buck drop over about 50 yards away and was kicking around. This did not distract old moosie away from me. I hid behind my bow string for about 10 minutes while she stared me down. I KNEW I was going to die that day.... She eventually wondered away, and I stayed in my blind for about 45 more minutes to make sure she was gone.

Anyway, that was the last time I used a ground blind. I went home and bought a tree stand the next day. I feel much safer up in the trees.

2Pointer
www.jglowblinds.com

When it is later in the season, a tree stand can be the coldest spot on the mountain!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom