Tripod ?s and Fluid Head?s

BIGOLMULEY

I am looking to buy the Slik 613. I saw this tripod in another post and looks like a great one. Out of stock on the link. Anywhere else. Also, I have a ats65 swaro,and also a cannon GL2 I will be using on it. Any thought for a Fluid Head? Am looking for light weight, as I backpack a lot. Thanks for the help.

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

Jason, The Slik tripods are awesome!!! I have the 713 and use my 15x56's, my GL1 and my spoting scope on it. I use the Bogen 3160 fluid head and just love it. The Jim White fluid head actually IS NOT a fluid head. There is no fluid of any kind in the head and as a result is very loose. You have to depend on friction of the mechanism to dampen the motion and its either loose or too hard to pan with. The Bogen 3160 actually has a very light gease that is inside the center of the main shaft and flows out through radial holes. Very fluid motion and effortless to use. Bogen does not makes these any more but if your patient you can usually find one on ebay for around 50 to 60 bucks. I'll try to locate somewhere to buy yourself a 613 and post later. Good luck!!!

I just purchase a new Bogen Tracker Tripod with a fluid head. I have not received it yet but I did mess around with one at Sportsmans and it was awesome. The tripod with the fluid head was $221 on eagleoptics.com or $270 on opticsplanet.com. The head also has a detatchable plate. These can be bought cheaply on adorama.com for $11.99. opticsplanet.com lists them as in stock and then sends you an email telling you they are out but you can wait a few weeks if you like. Get extra plates for it for each piece of equipment so it is a quick release to get your next piece of get on.

Good luck.

I recently purchased a Fluid Head Lightweight Tripod from Janssen's Outdoor Adventures in Oregon. It is backpack size and very light weight but heavy duty enought for Swarovski Spotting Scopes and video recorders. It is not cheap, I believe about $270 but worth every penny. Best purchase I have made in a while. They don't have a website or I would list it. They also make the best backpack I have ever seen or used.

Take a look at the Swarovski FH 101 fluid head. It is designed for the Swaro spotters, no plate needed and it weighs 19oz. $239 shipped from B&H Photo

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom