Tripods

• Thread starter old_man_of_the_hills
  • Start date
O

old_man_of_the_hills

Was out looking at some deer this last weekend and was using a cheap ($40) tripod with my spotter. It was a pain in the butt to use because every time I'd have to move it, I would loosen the screws and then when I got it on target and re-tightened them to keep the scope on target, the tightening would move the scope off target. Make sense??? Anyway, I was wondering if I spent $150 or so on a tripod, would it be much easier to use? And if so, which one?

Thanks

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

159.00 is what i payed for my velbon650 and its the best tripod ive used and thats compared to a 500.00 outdoorsman tripod cant go wrong will velbon

Bushnell has come out with a new tripod this year that is very sturdy but not too heavy, I realy like it for packing with me.

For backpacking slik carbon fiber with Jim White head cost more but well worth it. I have continually upgraded. Now have 4 worthless tripods. Should have spent the money to start with.

I'll second third and forth the Slik Carbon Fiber. Best Tripod for the money. Slik Pro 713 or 613.

i bought it at outdoor edge in san manuel az but they have them for sale on coueswhitetail.com for the same price this tripod is awsome i apprintice with duwane adams and this this is the tripod he uses

You could also buy a speed release from Sportman's Warehouse or a camera shop that screws to the top of your tripod. You then just pop your scope on and off. I drilled a hole in the speed release that matched a knob in my tripod head and it stopped the problem you are talking about. The speed release I bought was made by Manfrotto and cost about $35.

A nice smooth fluid head on a tripod with some weight works the best, but what I've got works and is nice and light.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom