Tripods

nvguy2

Wanted some help. Was thinking of getting a harris bipod on my hunting gun, but also need a tripod for my spotting scope and video camera. Was going to purchase both separately until a guy at work made me realize that I could get both in 1 shot. I was kind of liking the idea of a bi-pod attached, but was hoping for some insight if it would be better to carry a tripod that I could shoot and glass with at the same time. I was looking at the bogpod with the pistol attachment, but was wondering if there was another option and what some of you with experience could help with. Thanks.

I carry a tripod with my spotter attached. If I need to shoot at something that requires a solid rest I can flip the spotter up and rest the gun between it and the handle. I use an Induro AT014 with the center column trimmed down to about 8". This tripod has the ability to hinge the legs out to a very wide angle. By trimming the center column down you can get the whole thing down pretty low to the ground for prone shots. The CT014 is the carbon fiber version which is much lighter but quite a bit more coin. I have used this setup for sitting shots as well as prone and it works very well for both.

I do the same thing. I use the promaster t525p legs with the manfrotto 327rc2 head.

When I just want shooting sticks and don't carry a tripod, like when coyote hunting, I like the stoney point rapid pivot tripod.

Grizzly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom