Trophy Chasers-Dan Herrera-experience

appleman

Does anyone have any information or experience with Dan Herrera of Trophy Chasers who always advertises on this site??? Please let us know your experience or knowledge if you have some. Thanks

Do a search ( i'm not sure how to find it). There was a not so good thread on him last year reporting bad experiences.

BIG TIME FLAKE! Thats all i will say.. If you want/need more info then PM me. 3 years straight of it!

>BIG TIME FLAKE! Thats all i
>will say.. If you want/need
>more info then PM me.
>3 years straight of it!
>
Tried to email Rammu but his mail is disabled...Hmmmm

Send a PM if you have something to say.. Not sure why email would be disabled and dont really care either. Feel free to send a PM to me. I cant wait for it. Hmmmm

DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT DAN.......BUT THE PRICE OF SOME OF HIS TAGS/ HUNT PACKAGES ARE TOTALLY OUT OF LINE. IN THIS DAY & AGE WITH ECONOMICS BEING WHAT THEY ARE/ AND ALOT OF HERDS BEING DOWN, & KNOWING THAT SOME HUNTS JUST DONT PAN OUT.....SEEMS LIKE A TON OF $$$$$$ TO ME. DAN IS NOT THE ONLY GUY OUT THERE WITH INFLATED PRICES EITHER..............YD.

>
> DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT
>DAN.......BUT THE PRICE OF SOME
>OF HIS TAGS/ HUNT
>PACKAGES ARE TOTALLY OUT OF
>LINE. IN THIS DAY
>& AGE WITH ECONOMICS BEING
>WHAT THEY ARE/ AND ALOT
>OF HERDS BEING DOWN, &
>KNOWING THAT SOME HUNTS JUST
>DONT PAN OUT.....SEEMS LIKE A
>TON OF $$$$$$ TO ME.
> DAN IS NOT THE
>ONLY GUY OUT THERE WITH
>INFLATED PRICES EITHER..............YD. Yd We got a 7 day drop camp with everything except food and personal at the back of a locked gate 28000 acre ranch
archery, plus horses to pack out our elk for $1000, seemed like a good price to me, Rammu, sent you a PM Hmmmm lol

My buddy got into a bit of a circus a couple years back on a [cheap] elk hunt in the high Uintas- PM sent

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences"
Robert Green Ingersoll

PM sent....Email sent..no reply, guess I have to wonder why people chose to cast aspersion's by inuendo, When I go on a bad hunt the first thing I do is post about it so other people don't get burned but I don't engage in ballless he said she said or I heard from so and so...., if you weren't there keep it to yourself and if you were and you think you got screwed then be a MAN and let us know the fact's.

Paid for vouchers 4 months before the hunt. Never had them sent to me via mail (was told 3 times they had been sent).
Showed up in Montrose Colorado, Dan wouldnt respond to my calls. After a full day of not knowing what to do Dan called me and told me that his guys was going to meet me and give me the vouchers (4 of them). The guys showed up, he had no idea that he was to give me 4, he was pissed at Dan for selling me 4 and not telling him about it. He was then very reluctant to give me 4 vouchers (it was obvious that he had less than what he knew he had to give out to myself and other hunters).
After some high tension he gave me 4 vouchers, they were from 4 different landowners (not even close to what i was told was going to be the case) In fact i was promised soo many things that it was amazing (i was planning to pay quite a bit extra for these promises also).
Well to make a long story short: We were not able to hunt any of the land that the vouchers were for (not what the voucher system is in place for). We were told that if we went to the land then there would be problems. We Hunted public land and it sucked, we did get a couple good bucks but again not what we went there to hunt. Keep in mind that I have done this with Dan for 2 years previous.
We made freinds with the local game warden the year before, we happened to run into him on our last day of the hunt there and he got asking questions, well it ended up being that they were very upset at the way we got the vouchers, it was illegaly done, we couldnt hunt the actuall land that the vouchers came from, didnt have any contact info for those landowners, we were overpromised on many things, Dan never once answered his phone during our hunt, he told us before hand of a young guy to call and he would show us some good bucks (for a price), we contacted him and he was at the bar and said he would call us in the morning, we never heard back from him. 2 months ago i got a certified letter in the mail from the game warden and they want me to send them a letter of exactly how we got the vouchers, how much we paid ect... Dan broke every rule in the book in the way he "brokered" the tags. After all the BS we went through i still did not care to take the time to deal with it any further but we were forced to hear all the million reasons why it was a shady deal and were stuck in the middle of it.
Is that enough info for you big guy? or do you want me to give more??? Now stop running your mouth.

Rammu,Just wondering how the first 2 years with Dan went.If they were as bad as year number 3,why would you go back for more?Please don't get upset at this question because I was thinking about dealing with Dan for a 1rst time.Thanks for saving me some heart-burn!
David

I have had some issues with Dan as a guide. He will promise me hunts, and a week before opening day he will stop answering the phone. He just never seems to come through on his word , and I am still waiting for a check from him. It's been 2 years!

What did I say that was so derogatory about Dan to get my previous post banned. I was being honest. I couldn't have hurt his business anymore than he has already done himself. I guess I shouldn't badmouth this sites bread & butter. I guess it is not in the best interest of this website.

JR

anyone who has read this thread over and over again has seen a TON of info nuked, one of the main downfalls to this site! there has been a ton of bad info deleted. then someone gets mad cause another person sends a P.M.---well, no chit.....

Ya KILLERBEE, I'm trying to keep the post from becoming negative about an advertiser! (eye roll)

Really though, I haven't deleted anything, but if one of the moderators did, I'm confident it was for good reason. But, the posts are numbered 1-15 and there are 15 of them here, so certainly a "TON of info" hasn't been nuked.

I sure get a kick out of people who say too much is deleted from this site, I don't hear that too often. It's usually the other way around. LOL

Obviously, when this thread first came up, I thought about deleting it altogether, but quickly decided not to. I feel bad that one of the sponsors of this site is getting hammered by past clients, but I can't convince myself that deleting the thread is right. It will remain for now.

I have no problem with the clients who have "actually done business" with Trophy Chasers sharing their experiences, both good and bad. It's too bad that you guys were so unhappy with your business dealings with Dan. I wish that you all could have worked it out with Dan before bringing it to the forums here. I don't know anything about any of the messes, I just hate to not only see you guys pissed at Dan and bummed about your hunts, but also Dan getting hammered here on the site. Just a lose/lose deal altogether.

Anyway, I personally can't speak good or bad about Dan's business, because I have never booked a hunt or bought a tag of any sort from him, or anyone, for that matter. I have heard people complain about him in person (appleman and one other) and I have heard the good from a few. In the end, I just don't get too involved, because there are always two sides to every story and I don't want to be a judge. I do know Dan and speak with him often, and he is a good guy, but like I said, I have no guide/broker/client experience, so........???????

At this point, I think Dan has been thoroughly hammered here. He rarely looks at these forums, but I did make him aware of this thread the other day. I invited him to post if he would like, or deal with it in private as he probably should.

I felt that I needed to say something in this thread. Threads like this are always the toughest to manage. I want to allow you all the opportunity to voice your opinions, but at the same time threads like this can really hurt (even ruin) a persons business and/or reputation.
Everyone makes mistakes, and I hate to see a mistake or two ruin a persons livelyhood. It really is a balancing act.

Hopefully, threads like this do not ruin a persons business, but work well to remind them that making every client/customer happy is priority #1. For those of you who are upset with Dan, I feel for you. Spending a lot of money and going away feeling burned is horrible.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

First, I'll run my mouth all that I want to and it'll be a cold day in hell when you can stop me ,that being said I'm sorry that you had such a problem, if you had stated your case we would not have had words, I'm going to take my chance's since I've already sent in my deposit , if it goe's south I'll post the detail's as soon as the hunt is over, thank's for your input.

Founder if you think it is just a couple guys that got burned by Dan you are way off. I know many guys that have had not good to horrible dealings with him. Sometimes he came through after pulling teeth and sometimes it was a total joke. I dont know anybody who has booked a guided hunt with him but trying to get a landowner tag with him is just jacked up. To stright out lieing to your face and or just stringing you along it aways seems to end up the same way, your just pissed off. Yes we have all now learned from our mistakes and will no longer ever do dealings with him again. I am sure he is a great guy and after talking with him in person one time he loves hunting just as i do wich makes him one of us. Its just one of those things that suck in life. I have really good friends that i would never do any dealings with but that does not mean i cant be good friends with them. I know it is tough dealing with all those landowners and such but my group has never had even close to the problems with other brokers.

My feelings are that threads like these,
other than that the question was
answered if the first few posts,
are a good thing, I would imagine
Dan has read these and hopefully
it opens his eyes to what people
are complaining about.

If he is a real man he would answer
some of these questions.

Although I know if he does some are
going to bash him so hard it would
probably get nuked.

So If he does, which I doubt it, lets
be somewhat civil about it.

"Just my 2 cents"

Seems to me that Dan should handle his business in a more professional manner and be upfront with his clients. It should never get to the point to where someone needs to complain about an outfitter on a public forum. I understand why it is happening and don't fault anyone for doing so. If Dan handled things professionally and respectfully, the need to post this would not even be necessary. I think Dan has a few phone calls to make or he will continue to build on his bad name and bad business practices.

Steve

USAHUNTER, My appologies to you. I got a little upset based off how stupid my experience was. There truly is alot more to my story than what i laid out but i figured enough is enough. It became much worse than i have exposed. Dan has a ring of a few guys and the way they do it is pretty sad. Im not even sure if they are all in on it together or not but they all badmouth eachother and blame everyone but themselves. Its actually comical. I truly dont know personally of others that have had bad experiences with Dan but i will say that the same guys that he threw under the bus claimed that it happens often. They claim that Dan is the issue but at the same time they have done buisness with Dan for many years so im lead to believe that they all are in it together but when it backfires on them then they have no choice but to point fingers at other.
And the reason i kept going back to Dan after 2 years is because he was the only one that had vouchers for this unit that i knew of and we had made some good connections that had nothing to do with Dans crew. And prior to last year i had no need for anything but the vouchers from him. the first 2 years we didnt care about hunting on the land where the voucher came from nor did we the 3rd year but in 2007 It was Dan that made big promises without us even asking, therefore because it was sounded so good that we went for it. Me already knowing that he was quite flakey i made dozens of calls to him to ensure what he told us was actually what was going to happen. He made the promises bigger every time we spoke.
And all we got was 4 vouchers for land that had no deer, the landowners lived knowhere in the state and I had no way of contacting the landowner (none without alot of legwork anyway).
We drove to Colorado (7 hour drive) a day early because Dan told me we needed to go there and meet up with his guy to get the vouchers (no biggie), we were supposed to get 4 vouchers all for the same land that we were told we would have full access to and we were even planning on paying extra fees for some semi guided help on this land. After a full day of finally meeting up with Dans Guy (who actually owns the ground we were planning to hunt) he told us it was news to him that we would have access to his land. He badmouthed Dan for over an hour, he then told us he couldnt do that and that he was 2 vouchers short of what he needed and someone else was flying in that day and if he gave us 4 vouchers (we already paid for) then the guys coming in that day would not have any. He claimed to only have vouchers for land that was not his. Long story short i told him just give us those vouchers so we could atleast hunt deer and he then told us that there was no chance we could hunt deer on the land these vouchers were from. I got pissed, he said well i will just have Dan refund your money then, i said no you will give me those vouchers, he said "if you go on this land then you will be in big trouble", i said "whatever" we just want to hunt, i told him we wouldnt hunt that land (i wouldnt have known how to find it anyhow or who to contact even if i did want to). He gave me 4 vouchers (reluctantly). We hunted public land (except for a chunk that we had access to that had nothing to do with Dan) and then when we ran into the Warden all hell broke loose and we spent a total of 7 hours in the wardens office writing statements on how and where we got the vouchers from ect... They were already on to these guys before us. it was a huge pain in the butt. Dan never once answered his phone during all this or even before. the last time he talked to me was 2 weeks before we left for colorado.
If you are getting any vouchers from him for colorado in the Montrose area you can be assured that the local wardens are watching how those vouchers get sold and specifically if they came from Dan and his Crew..

The Problem is Economics!

When I read this post I can tell you the problem with the responses that get nuked is purely economics. Brian has a slippery slope to navigate with posts - vs - advertisers. In a perfect world (website) everyone could speak without fear of censorship and we could all learn from the good and bad situations people have had with any product or service. This does exist for the African hunting crowd at Accurate Reloading. The owner does not accept any advertising or sponsorship and I can tell you it is the best possible way to operate a hunting related site. I also understand that running these (and this) site is not cheap so unless you have unlimited funds it is rare. I enjoy this site and appreciate being able to visit, but it is what it is folks.

RE: The Problem is Economics!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-09 AT 10:42PM (MST)[p]Just so you guys know there have not been any posts nuked on this thread, If you look at the numbers of all the posts they are all there, when a post gets nuked that number will be gone. Not the case here.

I think there is another post in the muledeer fourm that is titled the same as this one, the stuff you guys are missing is probly in that thread.

I would just like to say thanks to Brian for a great site.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

"In a perfect world (website) everyone could speak without fear of censorship and we could all learn from the good and bad situations people have had with any product or service"

After 21 posts previous to yours, I have learned plenty. Anyone who hasn't, probably needs their head examined.

I am surprised Founder has let it go as long as it has

For a guy who makes his money selling Land owner tags to the public you would think he would try and make things right,if for no other reason to get return clients. Must be more clients then tags. If he doing things wrong and F&G is involved then I'm guessing it will all come to a head soon enough,Any one who is dealing with him,Maybe you should be talking to F&G about this year tags to make sure he will have them and not be handing you money over to him and not getting anything tags back for it.Hate to see some-one pay to go hunting and find out they can't, Just a thought.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

RAMMU, we got off on the wrong foot , I guess we owe each other a beer , Man you certainly have a story that would pi$$ anybody off, we aren't doing the landowner tags, Dan is hooking us up with a drop camp for the archery season in Colorado, like I said we'll take our chance's and hope for the best, good hunting, Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom