Trophy Javelina!!!

stanley

Very Active Member
My son scored on his first javelina (second hunt..) this past weekend. We had a great time!!!

We were helping-out at a Youth Camp hosted by the Arizona Deer Association (ADA) during the youth javelina hunt for the weekend. One of the other volunteers glassed some pigs up for us on Saturday morning (we owe him a HUGE thank-you). We moved-in closer, and had to wait them out over a brush choked draw for a 1/2 hour or so. We knew they were there, but they were not showing themselves. They finally started to move, and this one stopped quartering slightly away in the bottom of the draw at a pretty steep downward angle. He nailed this guy 'sniper style' layed-out over my backpack on a rock. One shot through the boiler room with the .308 did the trick!

Nothing compares to being with your children for times like these!!! ;-)

S.

:)

ErikDad2006Es2stpig-copy-copy.jpg

Congrats to both you and your boy ! Sounds like you had a great time , glad to hear your involved with the youth helping to grow in hunting as well . I bet your still on cloud 9 , did you get some good pictures , hope so , they'll rekindle the fire every time you look em over...NMHUNTNUTT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom