Trouble scrolling thru this site

fallguy

Hoping someone can help me out. For some reason on this website when I go to a post that has a lot of replies and I try to scroll through them my computer takes forever to do it. It basically doesn't seem to be doing anything and then drops down through a few. It takes several minutes to go to the last post on a post of 20 or more. I am using Firefox if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

That sounds like Firefox is doing a "virus check" on each post. Just an idea though, good luck.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Strange issue. Can you watch the process and see if it's hogging up a bunch of CPU time while this happens?

It only happens with threads with lots of replies though?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Basically the site over the few months has become unusable (for me) with Firefox due to pages freezing and/or not fully loading. I gave up a while back and only use IE now, just for this site. No idea what it is, but the answer for me was NO Firefox. Doesn't matter how big or small the thread. Problem started a few months back, but never had been a problem previously.

Try turning on ActiveX filtering. I know a while back I had a problem having to wait until the Twitter, facebook, google ActiveX icons/links loaded. Only downside is that you want ActiveX on for most pages.

Also on my phone I found if I turn off Java Script it loads a LOT faster.

Too much sheet running on most webpages these days,

>Try turning on ActiveX filtering. I
>know a while back I
>had a problem having to
>wait until the Twitter, facebook,
>google ActiveX icons/links loaded. Only
>downside is that you want
>ActiveX on for most pages.
>
>
>Also on my phone I found
>if I turn off Java
>Script it loads a LOT
>faster.
>
>Too much sheet running on most
>webpages these days,

NVB, I like your ideas. How, specifically can I turn off Java Script? I don't know how to do sheet like that.

LAST EDITED ON May-17-16 AT 02:39PM (MST)[p]

Do you have an Android based phone or one of those Apple Ithingys that I hate so much?

I don't do apple.

There is
Iphone
IMac
Ipad
Ipod
Iwatch
Icloud
Ilife
Idamnneareverything

But Idont

I was going to add that nothing in life is free. Disabling Java comes with a price that some things no longer work the same. One thing on this site is that little drop down box that lets you jump from the Campfire to the Political forum. When Java is on you just pick a forum name from the list and Shazzzaammm! you are transported away to that forum. Without Java I actually have to choose "Go".

They say there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I have this same issue when using Firefox. When I switched over to Chrome, the problem went away. I still like Firefox for all of my other surfing, but I've started using Chrome when I want check out MM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom