True Grit

zekers

Very Active Member
Anyone catch True Grit yet? Saw it last night. I'm not sure what to think yet. Awesome western, just not what I was thinking. Thought it would follow the original movie closer, I guess it follows the book. The girl playing Mattie Ross did a great job, way better than the original. Jeff Bridges was great, but I like John Wayne's Rooster better. Overall a great western, but it wont replace the original in my collection.

I like it, thought it was done good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

This is the honest truth. I watched the original True Grit with John Wayne, for the first time yesterday. Never saw it before. It was OK, but not that great.

Eel

I needed subtitles to understand Jeff Bridges at times. He tried too hard with the gruff, crusty ol' dude voice. Kinda sounded like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade. I kept waiting for him to follow up his one liners with "mmmmhmmmmm" "FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SOB! Mmmmmhhhhhhmmmmmm!" lol

Seriously though- I thought it was a great movie. I loved the storyline and even though I adore Matt Damon on principle anyway, I thought he was great as Le Beouf and Barry Pepper made a great Lucky Ned (even though it's nearly impossible to best Robert Duvall in any movie).

Haillie Steinberg was excellent as Mattie Ross. I loved that Rooster called her "sis" and I was definitely more endeared to him by the end of the movie. Great storyline. I recommend it for anyone. Kids even.

This version probably would've been better w/John Wayne back in his Oscar winning role, but Jeff Bridges does a fairly decent job.

it followed the book more closely than the original. i thought it was great. im glad they didnt try to completely re-do the original

I will be going tomorrow to see it.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

My wife is going to church in the late morning so I will go to see True Grit after breakfast and still might get home before her....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Well I went and saw the movie yesterday and to be honest it was ok but nothing can replace the original with The Duke...John Wayne.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I liked it fine but still prefer the original-except for one thing:Glen Campbell was TERRIBLE in the original. His one and only role and if you saw that movie you know why. Can't beat the Duke though...

We went and seen it last night also and thought it was good but had potential to be great.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

My wife and I watched the original on Wednesday, and then watched the newer version in the theater the following day.

I didn't really like either of them all that much. I would have to say I would rather watch John Wayne than the super gruff, mumble too much, hard to understand Jeff Bridges. He sounds like he's got a whole can of snuff in his mouth and has a sore throat, in addition to being drunk.

My wife thought the newer Texas Ranger was much better than the one in the old version. I thought the same.

Did like Mattie Ross better in the new one.

Overall, I think it's a waste of money. It doesn't even come close to some of the good westerns.

I thought it was funny that "The Dude" replaced "The Duke". I hated the old Maddie Ross. Drove me crazy the whole movie. New one was pretty good IMO

I never saw the original, and am too young to remember "The Duke". With that being said, I loved the movie. Good westerns are hard to come by now a days. Speaking of, have you seen previews for the up coming cowboys and aliens? Cant tell if its a joke or not. Looks stupid.

Saw it tonight with the wife. Thought it was good, but any western has to be pretty bad before I don't enjoy it. Was a little worried about the actress playing Mattie from the previews. Way off on my part, she made the movie. IMO

Step 1 is always the hardest!

Ive seen it twice now. I liked it quite a bit, even with all the mumbling and grumbling. I think Ill buy it when it comes out. Totally worth the money to see them kids get kicked off the porch.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom