Trump Media

bullskin

Very Active Member
Insiders have earned considerable money since Trump Media's public offering, and stand to earn much more. Small investors appear not to be faring so well. And now insiders hope to sell millions more shares, thereby further weakening the position of existing small shareholders. I have no quarrel with any of this when it comes to investing, but I wonder if this is wise politically. It may become another example of DJT making money at the expense of his investors--and in this case, the very people who placed their faith in him as a businessman and who would vote for him in 2024. How will these respond when their stock value goes up in smoke while his goes up in value at their expense?

What do you want to do. Have the government intervene with new regulations on investing and really screw things up like the government is prone to do?
RELH
No, and I have no idea why you would read this into my comment. As I said, I have no problem with the rules governing investments, and understand that some people will lose as others win. But, the decision seems short-sighted to me for political reasons. I think that Trump will profit at his investors expense--and in the process alienate those among his base most likely to put their money, time and votes behind him.

trumps always been about trump. In a shock to nobody, a grifter, pulling off another grift.

Let his supporters loss their a$$, that's what losers do.

trumps always been about trump. In a shock to nobody, a grifter, pulling off another grift.

Let his supporters loss their a$$, that's what losers do.

I think that his gambit is a bit more clever than that. Certainly, there will be some who bought the stock who really expected it to turn a profit (and perhaps these people will learn a hard lesson in investing), but there will be others who buy the stock in order to contribute to his campaign. Consider large donors who would otherwise face limits on their contributions. These may now sidestep campaign finance laws with large stock buys (they understand that Trump will siphon off the profits) and they can deduct these losses come tax time. I will be curious to see who the big "losers" really are. I would bet they are wealthy donors, not just lousy investors. The only ones truly hurt will be the small investors who believed in Trump, and it is my guess that these will not be happy about their losses.

Last edited:
I think that his gambit is a bit more clever than that. Certainly, there will be some who bought the stock who really expected it to turn a profit (and perhaps these people will learn a hard lesson in investing), but there will be others who buy the stock in order to contribute to his campaign. Consider large investors who would otherwise face limits on their contributions. These may now sidestep campaign finance laws with large stock buys (they understand that Trump will siphon off the profits) and they can deduct these losses come tax time. I will be curious to see who the big "losers" really are. I would bet they are wealthy donors, not just lousy investors. The only ones truly hurt will be the small investors who believed in Trump, and it is my guess that these will not be happy about their losses.
Meh, let the big donors throw their money behind a loser.

The only people making money off this are the short sellers. The company is total crap with horrible fundamentals & zero ability to make money. Musk way overpaid for Twitter. Truth has a tiny fraction the users of what Twitter, now X has. It’s a loser meme stock soon to be a penny stock. Horrible investment

I'm sure Bullskin is very concerned about small Investors.

What Trump should have done, is simply become an artist, or, follow Nancy Pelosi trades, as there's real money there, and neither would concern Bullskin

What Trump should have done, is simply become an artist, or, follow Nancy Pelosi trades, as there's real money there, and neither would concern Bullskin
...or be risky

I could not care less about the small investors. They played the game and they may lose, or not--only time will tell. As previously stated, my post has nothing to do with sympathy. It is about one thing only--the reaction of those investors once they realize that insiders are profiting from their losses, and how that will reflect on Trump. And there, too, I have no sympathy for either party--I am simply noting that drawing the ire of one's investors (supporters) by so obviously selling them down the river seems a stupid thing to do in an election year. The 2024 election was Republican's to throw away, and it appears that Trump is trying his best to do so.

As for illegality (whether Biden's, Pelosi's or Trump's), I do care, but also understand that you and I have only the information that media outlets provide--and defy you to identify one that can be trusted to present the unvarnished truth. As such, I am content to let the IRS, the DOJ, and the courts sort the rumors from the facts and proceed with prosecution where deserved. And I find it curious that those who complain loudest about all three simultaneously withhold the very funding that allows them to function--as if they expect Alex Jones or Anderson Cooper to decide questions of justice.

Don't worry. We know where you stand...

In your mind, there is only Trump and Biden; both living rent-free. For you, the choice is all about people, not principle, and one can never do right, while the other can never do wrong. And it bothers you that anyone would point out your inconsistencies. As a MAGA enabler, that is your cross to bear. It does not bother me that you do not like it. In the end, I am here to demonstrate that there is a principled middle ground with which honest Americans still identify, and the best way to solidify that middle ground is to expose the failures of the extremes.

Last edited:
Principle is not on the ballot....one of those two will be the next president...

No matter how superior you think your thinking is....

Every day is presents a new ballot. You make your choices, and the support of people like you have ensured that the ballot in November will install one or the other of two losers.

What good has that huge majority in the "middle" that you blow hard about accomplished??

Pick a side foreskin......before it's too late

Oh, the hysteria! Don't be such a snowflake. You make a habit of whining about and demeaning anyone who disagrees with your point of view, so don't be surprised if others goad you into more of it just to expose the frailty of your positions. Intolerance and over-sensitivity is exactly the characteristic of the extremes that restores the confidence of normal Americans that they are correct in their judgement of MAGA and liberals.

As I have said before, there is elements concerning Trump I do not like. If I have a choice between Trump or Biden or any Democrat, I will be voting for Trump as I believe he will be a better President for the majority of the people. If it comes down to that, you can vote to better this country or you can be a idiot that votes to cut your own throat.
RELH

As I have said before, there is elements concerning Trump I do not like. If I have a choice between Trump or Biden or any Democrat, I will be voting for Trump as I believe he will be a better President for the majority of the people. If it comes down to that, you can vote to better this country or you can be a idiot that votes to cut your own throat.
RELH

Those who supported Trump throughout his primary campaign cannot complain that now they have "only" the choice between two bad apples. They are the reason why we are in this fix. Yet, Hannity and others stroke each others egos and call themselves "Great Patriots." At this point, one cuts his own throat no matter which of the two major party candidates one votes for. I would sooner write-in Liz Cheney.

I could not care less about the small investors. They played the game and they may lose, or not--only time will tell. As previously stated, my post has nothing to do with sympathy. It is about one thing only--the reaction of those investors once they realize that insiders are profiting from their losses, and how that will reflect on Trump. And there, too, I have no sympathy for either party--I am simply noting that drawing the ire of one's investors (supporters) by so obviously selling them down the river seems a stupid thing to do in an election year. The 2024 election was Republican's to throw away, and it appears that Trump is trying his best to do so.

As for illegality (whether Biden's, Pelosi's or Trump's), I do care, but also understand that you and I have only the information that media outlets provide--and defy you to identify one that can be trusted to present the unvarnished truth. As such, I am content to let the IRS, the DOJ, and the courts sort the rumors from the facts and proceed with prosecution where deserved. And I find it curious that those who complain loudest about all three simultaneously withhold the very funding that allows them to function--as if they expect Alex Jones or Anderson Cooper to decide questions of justice.

That was a long book to say

"I just wanted to stir up chit"

As to the truth

No spin, you can see for yourself, her, and other politicians trades

In your mind, there is only Trump and Biden; both living rent-free. For you, the choice is all about people, not principle, and one can never do right, while the other can never do wrong. And it bothers you that anyone would point out your inconsistencies. As a MAGA enabler, that is your cross to bear. It does not bother me that you do not like it. In the end, I am here to demonstrate that there is a principled middle ground with which honest Americans still identify, and the best way to solidify that middle ground is to expose the failures of the extremes.

It's not in "your mind"

We have a binary system. Those two are the leading candidates.

I'm not voting for either both are two old,mostly because my righteousness is allowed because I live in a red state. Something I don't deny, and appreciate.

Bullskin said;
I would sooner write-in Liz Cheney.

Then you are a idiot that would vote for a RINO and a person that defense contractors could buy on under the table deals.
RELH

Bullskin said;

Then you are a idiot that would vote for a RINO and a person that defense contractors could buy on under the table deals.
RELH
That's a good one right there!

You must think Trump isn't for sale to the highest bidder......him being the business genius he claims to be.

Thankfully we have the Donald to remind everyone on a daily basis about all the important issues facing Americans and just why he was rejected. He should be running away with this thing. We're gonna get 4 more yrs. of a vegetable.

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 9.16.50 AM.png

Thankfully we have the Donald to remind everyone on a daily basis about all the important issues facing Americans and just why he was rejected. He should be running away with this thing. We're gonna get 4 more yrs. of a vegetable.

View attachment 142811
Too funny! Freaking LOSER of an ex-POTUS who's skin is so thin he feels the need to post that drivel... Yikes.

That's a good one right there!

You must think Trump isn't for sale to the highest bidder......him being the business genius he claims to be.

Even the biggest TDS sufferers can't compare the Cheney's to anyone in their "alliance" to Military Industrial Complex, and, Oil Companies.

That's without the thousand of dead kids and 10's of thousands the Cheney's are responsible for

Bullskin said;

RELH

I would vote for any old-school conservative before I would vote for Trump. Trump has destroyed the party like no democrat ever could, and I would rather identify as a RINO than with Trump. In the end, all Republicans will suffer for the destruction of the party. MAGA ridicules those who abandoned it, and old schoolers ridicule MAGA--and both will not be content until the see the other suffer for it. Both are equally at fault for failing to repair the rift, but only DJT is responsible for causing it. The party will hit rock bottom before it rights itself, and that will require compromise--something that neither side is willing to abide. So, Dems win.

That was a long book to say

"I just wanted to stir up chit"

As to the truth

No spin, you can see for yourself, her, and other politicians trades

If the facts are obvious, then I have no doubt that Trump will appoint administrators that will see it to court, and then we will find out what an informed jury believes. Until then, innocent.

It is voters like you that helps the Democrats win elections. I hope you enjoy cutting your own throat due to being a idiot that Democrats love to see.
RELH

It is voters like you that helps the Democrats win elections. I hope you enjoy cutting your own throat due to being a idiot that Democrats love to see.
RELH
Of course, non-MAGA Republicans would say it is voters like you that risked the election. We all had every opportunity to compromise on a candidate, yet this did not happen. It appears that conservatives would rather hold each other responsible for our losses than beat the Democrats. And the worst of it is, even if Trump wins, it will come (and already has come) at the expense of dozens of down-ballot Republicans. In the end, even a Trump win is a loss for conservatives and there is nothing we can do to change it now.

Last edited:
Of course, non-MAGA Republicans would say it is voters like you that risked the election. We all had every opportunity to compromise on a candidate, yet this did not happen. It appears that conservatives would rather hold each other responsible for our losses than beat the Democrats. And the worst of it is, even if Trump wins, it will come (and already has come) at the expense of dozens of down-ballot Republicans. In the end, even a Trump win is a loss for conservatives and there is nothing we can do to change it now.
.....Other than give us the thanks we deserve.....for saving you too?....

WTF are you saying.

We had a primary, unlike the D.

Voters got to vote. DeSantis, who I prefer, went down. Haley, who democrats prefer, went down.

If you can't convince conservatives to vote for you in the R primary, than you didn't earn the right to run in the general.

Conservatives. The actual kind, that feel they should do more than talk, are begining to take control of the party.

That's why you see Cheney, Romney, Buck, etc fleeing.

"Dysfunction" is what it looks like when RINOS get held to the fire.

Conservative have grown sick of Republicans talking.

As we speak, Republicans joined a Democrats on FISA. They are joining Dems on Spending, on the border.. If you like Dem spending, and Dem surveillance, and open borders, go be a Dem.

WTF are you saying.

We had a primary, unlike the D.

Voters got to vote. DeSantis, who I prefer, went down. Haley, who democrats prefer, went down.

If you can't convince conservatives to vote for you in the R primary, than you didn't earn the right to run in the general.

Conservatives. The actual kind, that feel they should do more than talk, are begining to take control of the party.

That's why you see Cheney, Romney, Buck, etc fleeing.

"Dysfunction" is what it looks like when RINOS get held to the fire.

Conservative have grown sick of Republicans talking.

As we speak, Republicans joined a Democrats on FISA. They are joining Dems on Spending, on the border.. If you like Dem spending, and Dem surveillance, and open borders, go be a Dem.

I am a conservative who supports FISA, Ukraine, and improved security at the border--even if these cost money or piss off Trump. And I am not alone. It may not occurred to you yet, but conservatives do not agree among themselves on every issue. So, either we work out our own differences, or the Dems will do it for us. By themselves, the conservatives you speak of seem not to have accomplished much. We may be growing tired of all the "talking," but it sure beats all the losing.

Last edited:
Lol…..the only compromise with modern dems is them getting their way…..kinda like you.

Lol…..the only compromise with modern dems is them getting their way…..kinda like you.
You seem to believe that bona fide conservatives do not approve of the proposed border security bill, Ukraine funding, FISA and others. In fact, it is only a subset who feel that way, and much of this is the result of Trump's antipathy toward these issues. Sorry to say, but Trump is not the brain trust that defines conservatism. And neither are you.

Last edited:
I am a conservative who supports FISA, Ukraine, and improved security at the border--even if these cost money or piss off Trump. And I am not alone. It may not occurred to you yet, but conservatives do not agree among themselves on every issue. So, either we work out our own differences, or the Dems will do it for us. By themselves, the conservatives you speak of seem not to have accomplished much. We may be growing tired of all the "talking," but it sure beats all the losing.

Giving the Dems what they want, is LOSING.

You seem to believe that bona fide conservatives do not approve of the proposed border security bill, Ukraine funding, FISA and others. In fact, it is only a subset who feel that way, and much of this is the result of Trump's antipathy toward these issues. Sorry to say, but Trump is not the brain trust that defines conservatism. And neither are you.

If you support FISA, you don't support the constitution.

There's no carve out. The US isn't about secret courts

FISA is not what true conservatives support.
Go look at my thread "Where is the outrage" and then tell me if you still TRUST our government having such powers as FISA

Giving the Dems what they want, is LOSING.

Undoubtedly. And failure to compromise may mean even bigger losses. Take your pick.

If you support FISA, you don't support the constitution.

There's no carve out. The US isn't about secret courts

If FISA is unconstitutional it will be rejected by the Supreme Court, and not on the grounds of some thread on MonsterMuleys. Do you really support the Constitution? Or are you going to play "the Supreme Court is broken and only I can fix it" card, like so many other "True Patriots?"

Undoubtedly. And failure to compromise may mean even bigger losses. Take your pick.

If FISA is unconstitutional it will be rejected by the Supreme Court, and not on the grounds of some thread on MonsterMuleys. Do you really support the Constitution? Or are you going to play "the Supreme Court is broken and only I can fix it" card, like so many other "True Patriots?"

Funny thing about secret warrants.

You don't know there is one. Makes it hard to have standing in a court case.

As to loses.

Abortion. Regardless of personal idea.

For as long as I can remember the establishment R has campaigned on, spoke about fundraised on Abortion. Decades of fundraising.

Trump, who's no a hardliner puts in the judges he said he would prior to election, Roe gets overturned.

Neither Bush did. Reagan didn't. McCain and Romney wouldn't have.

Trump did.

Now politically, it will indeed lead to loses, especially down ballot .

But if abortion is your issue, you'll take an election cycle of loses to win on Roe.

Going along and getting along only moves the country left.

The approval of foreign aid by the House is an excellent example of productive compromise by both parties. Majorities of both resisted the demands of liberal and pseudo-conservative extremists (Omar, Greene, et al) to deliver the support that Americans demand. It just goes to show how deluded MAGA must be if it believes that it can accomplish anything without the support of Americans, generally.

If not for the moronic insistence by some Republicans that any compromise with Dems must, by definition, constitute a loss, this action would have been accompanied by improvements to border security weeks ago. At least for the foreseeable future, improvements to border security will either be negotiated between the two parties, or they will not happen at all.

As for altering the balance of the Supreme Court, this was made possible by Mitch McConnell, whom MAGA now derides as weak--even as they cannot match his power.

I wish I could unsee the video of that Haitian man chewing on a man’s smoldering calf about a month ago. Chomping away like he was eating a Turkey leg at the state fair, while the rest of the man’s body burned in the street in Port-at-Prince. Unreal some of the crap going on in the world now

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom