TRUMP SMACKED 83 MILLION!!!

He'll appeal. Portions of the damages may be reduced.

Ultimately she'll get millions from him one way or another. Courts have wide discretion to collect judgements and they appear to be fed up with Trump's antics. They can literally seize his property and sell it and give her the proceeds.

Ms. Carroll does not appear to be somebody who will scare easy so she'll keep after it, and I believe will ultimately prevail.

Trump has a history of settling out of court when he's losing, so he may make her an offer and then bury it behind an NDA.

I do not like a rapist either, but I have problems with believing a woman who waits 20 years to yell rape. A good example of a false rape claim is the woman who accused a man that had just been appointed to the Supreme court by President Trump and it went nowhere when her own friends failed to back her story on the incident that happen many years ago in college.
RELH

One attorneys perspective. Appears Trump hired another winner. 👀

Brian Manookian
@BrianManookian

Let me ruin the suspense for everyone. Trump doesn't have an appeal.I know the talking heads on TV (who have never tried a case or appealed a jury verdict) have to mention it. Here's why it isn't going to fly. To have a meritorious appeal, you have to preserve a reversible error at the trial level. This is why you hire competent counsel. You need someone who actually knows the rules of evidence and procedure.Alina Habba had no clue what was occurring throughout the trial. She not only failed to preserve any remote grounds for appeal, like a moron, she repeatedly and unintentionally waived them over and over.For example, she kept saying "no objection" as exhibits were entered into evidence.It appeared to me that she was saying that because she that's something she had heard real lawyers say before. Unfortunately for Mr. Trump, what she was doing over and over was waiving his ability to appeal over those evidentiary issues. Because she is a moron who would rather *play* lawyer than do the research to *be* a lawyer. There's no appeal here. And because people have asked me in the past, no, there is no such thing as an incompetent counsel defense in civil cases. That's for criminal matters. Take this verdict to the bank.

4:29 PM · Jan 26, 2024
·
2.7M
Views

@BrianManookian

To even have the privilege of filing an appeal, Trump would have to post a bond in excess of the full amount of the verdict.Why? Trump isn't the first deadbeat defendant. Our legal system is used to these guys. If you want to appeal, you have to put up the money in cash.If he actually does that (he won't) all it means is that when his appeal is summarily rejected, E. Jean gets her cash straight out of the court's escrow account instead of having to chase Trump for it.It's another reason Trump is going to make a lot of noise about appealing, but not do anything substantive.His only real play here is to go to E. Jean's lawyers and try to negotiate a reduced settlement. That is what happens in 99 percent of these situations. Plaintiff takes 75 cents on the dollar to avoid the expense and delay of trying to collect. Defendant gets a 25 percent discount. I doubt E. Jean accepts that here, including because post-judgment interest is running at 10 percent. That's $22,739 a day on $83M.

8:21 PM · Jan 26, 2024
·
Views

@BrianManookian

Finally, for those holding out hope of an appeal based on an "excessive” award, that doesn't mean what you think it means. Let’s learn to evaluate this according to the actual rules that apply to damages and how they’re analyzed on appeal…The $83M consists of two separate awards: compensatory damages and punitive damages.Compensatory damages are exactly what they sound like. They're designed to make the victim whole. It's a calculation of what you lost as a result of the wrongful conduct. If someone hits my car at a red light, my compensatory damages would include things like the cost to repair my car, my medical bills, and any pay I missed from being out of work. Again, it's designed to compensate me and place me back in the same position as if the wreck never occurred.Punitive damages are also exactly what they sound like. They are designed to punish the wrongdoer. Not all cases involve punitive damages. In fact, most don’t. The majority of the time there’s no need to additionally punish the wrongdoer. Using the example above, maybe the driver hit my car because they swerved to avoid a child. There’s no bad behavior there that needs to be deterred in the future.Punitive damages are therefore, by their nature, awarded after and beyond all of the money necessary to make the victim whole. That is because punitive damages are not about the victim, they are entirely about the wrongdoer.The purpose of punitive damages is to deter and discourage the same conduct in the future. They are designed to protect the rest of society from the same type of conduct by the wrongdoer by teaching the wrongdoer that there will be real consequences.This is where "excessive award" does not simply mean "big number." Punitive damages are calculated by looking at the wrongdoer's net worth and deciding how much money is necessary to teach them a lesson.A $10k punitive damages award might be more than enough to chasten your average citizen. That's a decent chunk of change. But it isn't enough to deter, for example, a large corporation like Exxon or Boeing. Because of that, the jury is called upon to make a factual determination as to what amount is necessary to teach THIS PARTICULAR DEFENDANT a lesson.This is why E. Jean's lawyers did such a masterful job of using Trump's own boasts about his wealth against him. They created a factual record within the transcript that Trump has huge wealth, according to his own statements, and that to deter him, a commensurate punitive award was necessary.As a young lawyer, I listened to a brilliant trial lawyer give her closing argument asking for a big punitive damages award. She explained this concept of proportionality to the jury using the Bible parable about the poor woman who had placed her last two little coins in the donation tray, and the rich man who made a show of filling the tray with gold. The poor woman had given more because the gold was such a puny percentage of the rich man's wealth.If I have a net worth of $100k then $10k is a reasonable punitive award. If Trump is worth billions as he claims, $83M is a far smaller percentage of his total net worth. Importantly, it's not remotely excessive based upon the factual record in evidence.And the factual record in evidence is all that matters because that is what is examined during any appeal. Ms. Habba failed to create any type of evidentiary record rebutting the evidence presented by E. Jean's lawyers about Trump's net worth. She didn’t even attempt to, for example, deny that such a sum was out of line with Trump’s wealth.The jury then evaluated the actual evidence presented to them and determined that $83M was a fair and reasonable amount necessary to deter someone with billions. This type of finding of fact by the jury is given high deference on appeal because they were the individuals present in the courtroom to hear and personally evaluate witnesses and evidence.A large punitive award is not "excessive" because it is large. It becomes "excessive" if it is completely out of proportion to the wealth of the individual or the compensatory award.The ratio here is squarely within acceptable limits, and, frankly, even if it wasn't, Ms. Habba failed to create any countervailing record (generally, that's done by putting the Defendant on the stand and letting them testify to their lack of wealth; obviously Trump was never going to do that).This is all very basic, non-controversial stuff in the legal world.But now next time you hear someone spout off about "appeals" or "excessive" awards, you'll know the actual rules of the game.

Last edited:
I do not like a rapist either, but I have problems with believing a woman who waits 20 years to yell rape. A good example of a false rape claim is the woman who accused a man that had just been appointed to the Supreme court by President Trump and it went nowhere when her own friends failed to back her story on the incident that happen many years ago in college.
RELH

Sex assault victims more often than not wait to report the crimes against them. Most times it takes years for people to come forward.

Yes, there are absolutely false accusations made, just like in everything else. That sucks, and hopefully the system can play out and bring the truth to light. However, the data shows that false rape claims are EXTREMELY rare and the majority of these attacks are never even reported. Which is terribly sad, especially as a dad of girls.

This one was proven in a court of law where evidence and truth matter, not political soundbites or popularity. I can’t wrap my brain around why more men don’t think this is a big deal.

Sex assault victims more often than not wait to report the crimes against them. Most times it takes years for people to come forward.

Yes, there are absolutely false accusations made, just like in everything else. That sucks, and hopefully the system can play out and bring the truth to light. However, the data shows that false rape claims are EXTREMELY rare and the majority of these attacks are never even reported. Which is terribly sad, especially as a dad of girls.

This one was proven in a court of law where evidence and truth matter, not political soundbites or popularity. I can’t wrap my brain around why more men don’t think this is a big deal.
I Don't See Where Anybody On Here Said It Wasn't A Big Deal?

Now...................?

If You'd Of Said Trump Didn't Think It Was A Big Deal You'd Be Putting A Feather In Your Hat!

I know this may come as a major shock to you, Bessy, but there is a world outside of Monster Muleys!

And certainly one outside of this thread.

However, the data shows that false rape claims are EXTREMELY rare and the majority of these attacks are never even reported.
Vanilla, I spent 30 years in law enforcement and false claims may not be as rare as you seem to think they are. Most of the false ones are discovered at the first interview and the "victim" is confronted about inconsistent statements and changes her story and no rape report is taken. Just a information report showing the "victim" changed her story and no crime except for a possible false police report that most D.A.s do not want to pursue.
RELH

RELH, it’s unfortunate that for a long, long time law enforcement perceived a changing story from the day it is reported and then a few days later means it was made up.

I’m glad we are teaching officers better these days. There is a reason law enforcement gets two sleep cycles before they get interviewed after an officer involved critical incident these days. Unfortunately, our victims don’t always get that benefit.

Trauma is a wild thing. And it’s real. I’m guessing you can surmise you’re not just talking to someone in the peanut gallery at this point. And yes, the data shows false rape claims are extremely rare. And to reiterate, the majority of these horrible crimes are never reported. I can only guess that a poor victim in this situation faces the reality that the first person they talk to won’t believe them and then wonder if it’s worth getting re-victimized by the system again.

We’re getting better, but we still have a long ways to go. Now, if we could just get the men in our society to stand up and be REAL men, maybe we wouldn’t need these things for law enforcement. The rate men put their hands on women these days is embarrassing.

Any dude out there that assaults a woman physically, sexually, emotionally…you’re a dirt bag and not worthy of the designation of “man.” I think we can agree on that!

’m glad we are teaching officers better these days. There is a reason law enforcement gets two sleep cycles before they get interviewed after an officer involved critical incident these days. Unfortunately, our victims don’t always get that benefit.
_________________________________________________________________________That's funny. I did not get two sleep cycles when I popped a felon at 97 yards with my Colt 1911 National Match pistol.
Also you may want to look into the background of the "victim" in Trump's case. She is one weird lady with possible psychological problems. Trump's attorney in this matter did a piss poor job in the courtroom according to some legal scholars.
RELH

Like I said before, I do not like a rapist, I have put many of them in prison. I have my doubts with this victim and with her creditability of being truthful. She has a lot of baggage in her background that Trump's lawyer failed to bring out. I also have a feeling this lawyer will never work for Trump again.
RELH

Ya gotta wonder how somebody as powerful and connected as Trump is ends up with crappy legal council. I just don't get it.

And not just on this case, but every single case that seems to be the excuse. Bad lawyers. (All different lawyers, mind you.)

There is an old saying that if everyone you meet is an A hole, maybe you are the A hole.

Maybe, just maybe, Trump’s various cases he’s lost thus far are not simply the product of bad lawyering. Maybe it’s he didn’t really have a case in those instances. Just maybe.

I can question witnesses and their credibility all I want, but the evidence was presented and a decision was made lawfully in a court where politics, money, and popularity don’t matter. Trump was found by a jury he picked to be a rapist. I can’t seem to get over that one. And I won’t get over that one. There are a lot of flaws I can overlook in others as I hope they will overlook some of mine. Nobody is perfect and I’m not going to demand my chosen politicians to be so. However, sexually assaulting a woman is not one I’m able or even willing to overlook. No matter what side of the political line a person claims to be.

The whole “it was proven in court you raped this woman” tends to bother me a bit more, however.
I hate to split hairs, but what the hell:

He was not convicted in criminal court of rape. We was proven to have assaulted her in civil court.

Now, supposing he had been criminally charged in another state that has a broader definition of rape that fit the act- would he have been convicted? Maybe so- but I don't know the difference in a jury's mindset between a civil and criminal matter.

No splitting hairs here- had he been criminally convicted of rape; it would all be over.

Makes you wonder how Joe Biden, as a Senator, got away with sexually assaulting a Congress intern when he pinned her against the wall and inserted his finger into her vagina. At least she told her Mother about the incident when it happen, but did not name the person involved to her mother.
As for juries, I have seen many miscarriage of justice done by idiots on a jury. Guilty persons found innocence and innocence persons convicted of a crime they did not commit.
Most great lawyers became great due to being able to read members of a jury and hand picking a jury that will lean towards the outcome the lawyer will want.
RELH

That's no mystery to wonder about at all. A) Trump is an idiot. B) Vast majority of reputable lawyers wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.
AND, they may not even get paid. That’ll keep most self-respecting attorneys away.

Last edited:
I’ll never understand why he doesn’t use the “I was a democrat back then” excuse for all of his corruption defenses.
IMG_3140.jpeg

I couldn’t care less about how much money he owes anyone. The whole “it was proven in court you raped this woman” tends to bother me a bit more, however.

I remember time, day, date, location of where I lost my virginity(no Bess I won't).

I would think getting raped would also imprint on someone's brain?

The real question I have is why on earth would any right leaning person or company locate in ny or DC with jury's like that

$83 million?

Now you have to wonder how many more women will come forward with a tale of being raped 20 years ago in hopes of cashing in on the big money from rich or famous people that can afford to pay hush money, or made to pay out by a civil jury who feels the defendant can afford the payout.
RELH

Vanilla, I would agree with you that women and especially girls should have large amount of latitude.
But that is not what this case is about, they changed the statue of limitations in New York so Jean Carrol could sue Trump. She is sueing him on the bases of him saying he did not rape her.
All this is going along with the left wing agenda to keep Trump out of the white house.
Now don't get me wrong I am not a huge Trump supporter there was several candidates I would of preferred to have running for the office of the President (I will vote for Trump over Biden), for me this is more about what the establishment political party of any giving state will do to stop someone they do not agree with.

Subscribing to Trump's theory that the value of assets are subject to one's perception of his or her own "brand," I can see why the jury thought it fitting to award Carroll 83KK. If that is what she says it was worth, it must be so. Will it be enough to convince him to stop poking the hornet's nest?

So where were all of you supporters of women and the legal system when our current president was accused of sexual harassment of multiple women? Our current VP said that she believed Tara Reid when she said she had been accosted by Biden? This is a much more credible story than what just happened to Trump. Where did Tara Reid’s story go? Where were all you justice warriors then? GMAFB, this was just about getting Trump and nothing more. When you have to change statute of limitations to make it work it’s pretty obvious. On the other hand our Biden led DOJ let’s the statute of limitations run out so Hunter can’t be prosecuted.

Get the fuk out of here.

Oh, and is this the same govt that’s doing everything possible to cover up Epstein?

Subscribing to Trump's theory that the value of assets are subject to one's perception of his or her own "brand," I can see why the jury thought it fitting to award Carroll 83KK. If that is what she says it was worth, it must be so. Will it be enough to convince him to stop poking the hornet's nest?
Of course it won't make him stop. He's gonna continue to burn money as he can't keep his mouth (and social media posts) shut.

I'm not worried about Trump though, he'll be asking for donations to cover his bills and liabilities.....probably get a good chunk of it covered.

So where were all of you supporters of women and the legal system when our current president was accused of sexual harassment of multiple women? Our current VP said that she believed Tara Reid when she said she had been accosted by Biden? This is a much more credible story than what just happened to Trump. Where did Tara Reid’s story go? Where were all you justice warriors then? GMAFB, this was just about getting Trump and nothing more. When you have to change statute of limitations to make it work it’s pretty obvious. On the other hand our Biden led DOJ let’s the statute of limitations run out so Hunter can’t be prosecuted.

Get the fuk out of here.

Oh, and is this the same govt that’s doing everything possible to cover up Epstein?
@azhunteraz @HuntinAddict

Do you not believe Tara Reid or your VP? Or do you just choose to believe women who are accusing the other side? What a couple of clowns.

@azhunteraz @HuntinAddict

Do you not believe Tara Reid or your VP? Or do you just choose to believe women who are accusing the other side? What a couple of clowns.

Huh??? I don't really give a shite about either one of them or their experiences. I gave an opinionated answer to a rhetorical question on why Trump has crazy-crappy lawyers.

WTF does that have to do with Reid or Cameltoe??

One of my favorite quotes, "If you look over the last million years, I guess that's been largely true, not always, but largely true, unfortunately or fortunately".......What a moron.

And then he points to who he THOUGHT was his x-wife, only to have to have his attorney tell him it was actually Carroll, whom he tried to maintain that he was absolutely NOT attracted to and never even met. Hahaha. You can't even make stuff up that stupid!!

Last edited:
One of my favorite quotes, "If you look over the last million years, I guess that's been largely true, not always, but largely true, unfortunately or fortunately".......What a moron.

And then he points to who he THOUGHT was his x-wife, only to have to have his attorney tell him it was actually Carroll, whom he tried to maintain that he was absolutely NOT attracted to and never even met. Hahaha. You can't even make stuff up that stupid!!
The guy is his own worst enemy.

Looks like Alina is out. When looking for a new attorney is it customary to preface your search by saying anyone that takes your case is "crazy"?

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 10.48.47 AM.png

As I said earlier that this lawyer was on her way out due to a well known law expert saying she did a very poor job of bringing forward background information on the plaintiff that may have swayed the jury in Trump's favor.
Having a political leaning Judge did not help Trump either. The plaintiff making those outlandish remarks on T.V. will also make more voters not trusting Democrats this coming election.
I still wonder who will be the Democrat candidate for president as I am sure sleeply Joe will be cast aside by his own party. We will get to watch Democrat candidates cutting each other's throats trying to be the party favorite for running. Who has the pop corn?
RELH

Of course it won't make him stop. He's gonna continue to burn money as he can't keep his mouth (and social media posts) shut.

I'm not worried about Trump though, he'll be asking for donations to cover his bills and liabilities.....probably get a good chunk of it covered.
100% correct!

Imagine being a blue-collar guy living paycheck to paycheck and donating your hard-earned dollars to a "billionaire" conman so he can pay his legal expenses.

"Stupid is as stupid does"......

He will burn money, alright. If reports are to be believed, he has spent over 55 million of his donor's money in the past year alone. Ironically, I think I heard some of these same donors complaining about how broke they are and how bad the economy is doing. (Dow Jones reaches all-time high of 38, 519, interest rates well below half-century average and falling, unemployment rate lower than any time since 1975, inflation 3.2%, home construction and sales rising, industrial production up...). Go figure. I am curious to see how both parties and their heads will spin these issues come summer.

Last edited:
Mandatory FEC filing report just showed that he paid Melania's hairdresser over $370K from his Save America Pac. If you donate to Trump it ain't going to get out the vote, help down ballot Republicans, or even help himself get elected. Legal fees, crappy attorneys & paying his bills, that's what it's going for. It's just getting started.

Trump's handpicked GOP chair Ronna Romney, hasn't won an election since she's been chair. Her soul job is to raise money for the GOP. The GOP is broke... it has no money & she's begging banks for loans. Biden's top PAC just spent $250 million on ad buys in several battleground states. GOP will have little to no answer to the onslaught of negative ads that are coming. This is the most favorable election cycle for Republicans I've ever seen and the maga base wants to continue with the clown car soap opera. Unless something drastically changes and soon, Trump is going to get his ass handed to him in the general and we lose more checks & balances on an out of control govt. As many predicted & as soon as it was clear that Trump will be the nominee the polls are magically flipping. The Dems are light years ahead of Repubs when it comes to politicking. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think I am.
Screen Shot 2024-02-01 at 3.31.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-01 at 12.19.11 PM.png

Mandatory FEC filing report just showed that he paid Melania's hairdresser over $370K from his Save America Pac. If you donate to Trump it ain't going to get out the vote, help down ballot Republicans, or even help himself get elected. Legal fees, crappy attorneys & paying his bills, that's what it's going for. It's just getting started.

Trump's handpicked GOP chair Ronna Romney, hasn't won an election since she's been chair. Her soul job is to raise money for the GOP. The GOP is broke... it has no money & she's begging banks for loans. Biden's top PAC just spent $250 million on ad buys in several battleground states. GOP will have little to no answer to the onslaught of negative ads that are coming. This is the most favorable election cycle for Republicans I've ever seen and the maga base wants to continue with the clown car soap opera. Unless something drastically changes and soon, Trump is going to get his ass handed to him in the general and we lose more checks & balances on an out of control govt. As many predicted & as soon as it was clear that Trump will be the nominee the polls are magically flipping. The Dems are light years ahead of Repubs when it comes to politicking. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think I am.
View attachment 136100

View attachment 136102
EVEN if he gets re elected....the swamp will prevail. Like Chucky Schumer warned...the CIA and FBI will chew you up and spit you out.....THEY are fully in charge...along with several other alphabet agencies.....we are screwed

If he gets in, he would be smart the first day in office to get rid of all of Biden's appointees and the ones promoted by those appointees in their agency. If they can not be fired, ship them off to work in Siberia where most will just quit.
I expect to see a few members of the FBI and DOJ to put in their retirement papers if Trump is elected. They will be hoping for "out of sight, out of mind" effecting them.
RELH

We Are Screwed?

That'd Be An Understatement!

EVEN if he gets re elected....the swamp will prevail. Like Chucky Schumer warned...the CIA and FBI will chew you up and spit you out.....THEY are fully in charge...along with several other alphabet agencies.....we are screwed

He could borrow it from the Biden's.....
He doesn't have to borrow any money from the Biden's. All he has to do is take a few art lessons from the world renowned artist Hunter Biden and he'll be rolling in the dough in no time.

Probably make enough to cover all his court cost and have some leftover to hit the campaign trail between court cases

If he gets in, he would be smart the first day in office to get rid of all of Biden's appointees and the ones promoted by those appointees in their agency. If they can not be fired, ship them off to work in Siberia where most will just quit.
I expect to see a few members of the FBI and DOJ to put in their retirement papers if Trump is elected. They will be hoping for "out of sight, out of mind" effecting them.
RELH
Honestly, If re elected, I don't think he'll live long enough to attempt any of those needed actions....

Hunter says he can't keep up with the money flowing from all the problems that Trump has. So he might have to print million dollar bills soon.
The bandwagon is rocking.
KEEP sending him your money he needs it.
I wonder if his buddy will send him some of that Russian money.

Hunter says he can't keep up with the money flowing from all the problems that Trump has. So he might have to print million dollar bills soon.
The bandwagon is rocking.
KEEP sending him your money he needs it.
I wonder if his buddy will send him some of that Russian money.
You are truly a moron gator.....no offense

LOL I guess Biden will have steal this one to OR maybe not let see if he is jail or close to being in one. Lot guys love jail.

That's ok Yep I do feel for you. Now you can move up to 2nd grade and maybe not depends if their a smart grade school kid sitting close to ya.

He'll appeal. Portions of the damages may be reduced.

Ultimately she'll get millions from him one way or another. Courts have wide discretion to collect judgements and they appear to be fed up with Trump's antics. They can literally seize his property and sell it and give her the proceeds.

Ms. Carroll does not appear to be somebody who will scare easy so she'll keep after it, and I believe will ultimately prevail.

Trump has a history of settling out of court when he's losing, so he may make her an offer and then bury it behind an NDA.
Lol…of course she‘s brave….she’s on a payroll to do what she’s doing….

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom