Trying to find a good camera for digiscoping - been around the block

gdog

OK...I've been searching/looking way too long for a camera to hook up to my Swaro 65mm STS with DCA adaptor.

I have a D300 setup (from Cameraland) with 50mm 1.8 lens. Works good, but way to big and heavy to pack around. I was going to go with a Lumix LX3 but the short zoom will not remove the vignetting. I tried to get a Nikon P6000 through Doug, but he didn't have any for months....so I ended up thinking that the new Canon G11 was the ticket. WRONG. I got my hands on one to test out and due to the internal lens configuration...the lens elements actually move back into the camera body and further away from the scope eye piece....so vignetting is a big problem and that camera is unusable for digiscoping.

Soooo.....what other choices are there for a quality p/s with good low light/higher ISO performance...yeah I know...I'm dreaming....that will work with the DCA adapter?

Suggestions??? Doug????

I would try the new Canon S90. It has the same size sensor as the Rebels, which will give you amazing image quality, plus a 2.0 lens, great in low light. call me Thursday from 7:00-4:00 with any questions.
We have had the P6000 on order for months. In the new Nikon holiday flyers it is nowhere to be found which leaves me to believe they are done.

I thought about the S90, but how do you attach it to the DCA? I didn't think there were any threads on the camera/lens to mount it to the adapter?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom