tuning broadheads

hindquarters

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-13 AT 11:53AM (MST)[p]Hey guys, my field points are flying about 6-8 right of my broad heads at 60 yards. Elevation is good but what is the simple fix for this?

Sounds like you have 2 issues....

#1) Adjust sight (Move to the right in small increments) for field points to be on target

#2) If broadheads still hitting to left and on same horizontal axis (if right handed), Too stiff of Spine for your arrows (increase poundage, point weight, or move rest towards riser at small increments of 1/32")

You usually make adjustments in the direction your arrows are hitting in relation to aiming point AFTER a good group is shot.

?-ERock-> ?

Hind 1/4,
I was shooting my field tips great and when I shot my broad heads that were grouping great as well but way right. After searching and speaking to many, I came across the Easton link I sent you that talks about broad head tuning. For me it was a simple rest adjustment but depending where your broad heads are grouping it could be a different fix. Now both are hitting close to bullseye. Hope it helps

You can also try shooting a mechanical broadhead, such as a Rage expandable, instead of a fixed blade broadhead. I have found the Rage expandable broadhead shoots the same as a field point.

berto, this is nothing personal but I wouldn't shoot another mechanical if you paid me. I agree they fly like a field point but they don't always perform as they should. I shot the rage 4 years ago and the only animal I shot at with it one of the blades came loose upon release and it whistled all the way to the animal and my arrow hit about 2 feet short and 5 feet to the left. I Have also shot the grim reaper and found that the blades on that are not very strong. I am a big believer in practicing with what I am going to hunt with. So I shot a grim Reaper into my broadhead target and one of the blades broke off. I thought if it was going to break going into foam then it wouldn't hold up to well on a bone. I can group my broadheads at 100 just as good as I can my field points.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom