Turkey Dilema. Please help!

Coloradoboy

Very Active Member
Hey guys, as most of you know Colorado's turkey season is fast approaching and Im flat on my feet. I've yet to kill a turkey, and really want to get it done with a bow. So this my offer; Anyone with a load of points, or someone wanting to fill an elk/deer tag in NW Colorado areas; 1,2,3/301,11/211,10,201,42,43 and 471, will set me up on a turkey hunt. I will in return take the time out of my schedule and personally guide you on buck/bull hunt. Im a poor college kid and don't have money coming out of ears to offer you, but I can in return offer you a memorable hunt and a laugh or two. Not wanting a guaranteed, tied to a tree kill. Just opportunity to possibly fling an arrow or two.
Thanks,
Coloradoboy

How far are you willing to travel? I could possibly help you out, but I'm on the opposite side of the state.

Where in Colorado are you? Im probably going to have 3 days at best to hunt. So if I could get down there on a friday night after class I could probably make it happen.

You seem to know everything about every big bull unit in the state and half of the deer units and you're looking for information on a stupid-ass turkey????? GEEEZUS KID!

>You seem to know everything about
>every big bull unit in
>the state and half of
>the deer units and you're
>looking for information on a
>stupid-ass turkey????? GEEEZUS KID!
>

Who pissed in your wheaties? So the man wants some information on turkey hunting. I don't understand the reason for the extreme response. I appreciate Coloradoboy's insight on the NW units. He lives there so I trust his judgment.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

>You seem to know everything about
>every big bull unit in
>the state and half of
>the deer units and you're
>looking for information on a
>stupid-ass turkey????? GEEEZUS KID!
>

Damn.. sure didnt know I was going to get pissed on for asking for some turkey help. Majority of the birds where I live flock to private land that I cannot gain access to and the public and state land turkey hunting is nothing to write home about. The birds flee to private after opening day and stay there. I made this post looking for some insight on a quality turkey hunt where I wouldnt have to compete with everyone in the country for a single long beard and offer something in return. I don't see where being knowledgeable with elk and deer makes me a 'master turkey hunter.' Turkey hunting is something Im new at and Id like to learn the trade from someone more experienced. It seems people get attacked on this place for being knowledgeable... Whiskey Man. I will back up everything I post about the areas I hunt and have spent time in these places since diapers. I don't come on this site to bash, or criticize others. Im here to help others whom share my passion be successful...
Coloradoboy

Coloradoboy. Wish I lived in your state and could help. Like yourself, I will help you or any other hunter whenever I can. However, the offer you made is a very sweet offer. Wish I could meet your need and take advantage of you, your knowledge and your willingness.

Best of luck on filling your turkey desire.

Hope you can see the majority of the members are here for the right reason and that there is only a few that thrive on the internet arguements and bashing. Hope you can let this roll off your back like water on a duck!!!!

I know I'm a little late, but o well...After a few years of failing on CO turkey, I got smart and went to Nebraska. They are overrun with them, and turkey access is not too difficult to come by. It is so much fun to hunt a flock of turkeys and actually be able to call them in rather than wandering around the mountains without hearing a single bird.

I wish I had some info to give you. I would die for some of your information about big game. But I don't have the turkey knowledge. Hopefully you were able to get something worked out.

coloradoboy.. the eastern hunters always say that its just like elk hunting!!. I don't turkey hunt hunt much, so I am no help.. good luck

Im about through with Colorado Turkey hunting. I've been hitting it really hard the last few weeks. Every weekend, and week days when i get out of class. I have had a couple close calls but more frustration and money spent on gas than anything. I've been able to obtain permission on private land but all the properties either don't have birds or all of them are on the neighbors.. just my luck :p I've been all over Mesa, Garfield and Montrose County in search of a long beard and still have nothing to show for it. I think its about time I pack my bags, skip some school and head to Nebraska.
Coloradoboy

tough huntin in MO the first week. Not to many turkeys this yr in my huntin spots, squeaked out a jake this mornin. The boy laughed at me... his was better than mine he got in youth season. Now he wants to shoot his 2nd bird, great no pressure!
Coloradoboy, next yr Nebraska maybe

CoBoy-----Can't do it this year----heading to AK in a week. But next year your welcome to try down here in SW Colorado. Don't want to brag or jinx it----but we usually get 2 or 3 toms off my buddy's ranch. CB

That sounds like a pretty good deal CB. Wish i could be heading off to AK! My dads going up this summer to do some fishing and is getting the chance to come back next spring and help with a bear hunt on Kodiak Island. I can only dream..
Coloradoboy

I'm partners in a cabin on the Kenai River. Going to do a little work on it & get in some halibut fishing.

Stay in touch-----opening weekend is the best IMO. I can put my pop-up camper down there. CB

>Coloradoboy,
>Please call me on my cell
>at 409 718 5412, Thanks,
>Mike

I guess this is good if you have turkey info...Not so good if you're just looking for COBoy's elk. Maybe you know him...

COboy-

what's your status now? are you willing to hunt eastern CO? they went to unlimited licenses this year for the first time in a bunch of units, because of too many turkeys.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom