Turkey hunting

R

Rugers

Looking to kill my first Turkey.. Looking for any tips, places to go? Doesnt have to be the biggest bird just would like to get one. Any tips would be great thanks!

Welcome to MM bud. A little heads up, there are a lot of people that might try to tear you up asking a "where to go" for your first post's here. There are alot of good guys here, and there are a lot of self rightious pricks as well that think they are gods gift to hunting. To start off with, what part of the state you are looking to hunt? Are you looking to take one with a bow or scatter gun?

Hey thanks for the heads up man. I'm in Utah and planning to use my shot gun. Like I said im not looking to kill the biggest bird but would like to go out have a good time see something.

Narrow it down a bit. Like for instance, if you are in Southern Utah I can probably help you out. If you are in the Northern part of the state maybe someone else will be able to help you.

Shummy hit it on the head bud. I migh be able to point you some spots up north or central and if it is southern, you have an offer from Shummy. Let us know and between the two of us, we might be able to get you in some sort of direction bud.

The grocery store!! Utah Turkey is way over rated. I had the tag last year after 7 years of putting. Finally drew the tag $70 Bucks later in app fees and $30 whatever in the tag plus my time and gas to go locate the stupid thing. Anyways, you will have fun hunting the birds, but in my mind a Jenni-O taste a hell of alot better and is easier to cook because of that litter pop out timer thing that tells you when it is done.

good luck man, hope ya smoke one!

YOU'RE FAT!! DON'T TRY AND SUGAR COAT IT OR YOU WILL EAT THAT TOO!!

help a brother out with a tom? i am willing to travle south. can u help? ive hunted all my life for deer and elk. first time for turkey. man smart birds.

Haha buying one at the store does sound like a good idea... I want to get out and hunt tho. Ive found a couple places, seen a few Jakes and one decent Tom.hopefully I get one before the month is over or I will be at walmart buying one Haha

Spirit you can try up Payson canyon.... Its been over hunted and normally there is alot of people from what I hear.... I've been up there twice and seen turkeys both times and no people. Only thing its there doing some road work up there so if you hunt during the week you can only hunt tell they start working. I've talked to a few of the workers and they told me no one has been up there hunting so you might have a chance... Never know tell you try

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom