turkey

sigfour

Anyone else been annoying the wife, friends, neighbors or anyone within earshot with turkey calling practice? I am getting excited to go hunting again after archery deer and javelina came and went so quickly. This is usually the last hunt until late august besides coyote/varmit hunts. This is also the time to find sheds and brag about the elk/goat tags we drew. GOBBLE GOBBLE -Sig

No turkey tag this year. I had a tag last year for 3B and I got blown off the mountain. The wind was so horrible (70-80 mph) that the birds wouldn't leave there roost unless they were blown off by the wind. Good luck on your hunt and post some pics when you get back.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

No tag for me this year.

I gotta admit, I dont hunt turkeys much so I never thought I'd be much good at it. I went out with a buddy 2 years ago and actually found one dumb enough to come into my terrible calling...

21192008_turkey_clay_stephens_4.jpg

Good luck, post us some pics.

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

I've been hunting turkeys since before I met my wife in 1987, she's used to it and we have a sort of pre-nup thing going regarding hunting. I don't practice that much anymore, as I seldom call more that a few clucks with a diaphragm call while hunting. I (and the birds I hunt) prefer friction calls and once they are tuned up it doesn't take much.

I normally spend a couple of weeks hunting turkeys in the spring and get lots of practice then.

I drew again this year and I am stoked. Called in a big tom last year at first light opening morning and he must have run a mile to get some goody. Turned out to be Benelli goody. Good luck on your hunts.

went out this past sunday morning to check my turkey spots
and heard plenty of birds calling

Stickers- what unit were you in? My buddy wnet up to 6a this morning for the juniors hunt and he said most of the roads are closed due to snow/moisture. He said the forest service said it could be a week or two until they open.

I hope everyone out hunting this first weekend leaves some birds for me. GOOBLE GOOBLE !
Good luck all. Happy hunting.
-Sig
Find 'em. Learn 'em. Shoot 'em. Eat 'em.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom