Turkeys just around the corner

predator

Very Active Member
Hey guys, with the above average snowfall this year, my usual haunts may not be accessible. Can anyone in the following areas give me a snow report?

KANAB
ESCALANTE
MARYSVALE
BRYCE CANYON

Suggestions are welcome, I am taking my little 'brother', on his second bird hunt ever and want to make it a good experience!

Pred

Here ya go Pred.....
LOTS of measuring stations in Utah.

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snow/

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-11 AT 06:32PM (MST)[p]Hey LP----

'Her' Grand Gulch backpack trip is a no--go.....

If ya need a '3rd'.....reachout as she is big time depressed! ha

Nope---not sure if the dates are the same.

Robb

Yup, I was right. There is still like 4 feet of snow. But there are no monitoring stations in some of those places I mentioned, so the request still stands.

Robb, I shall call her. We already have 4 going, what's one more/

Pred

Lisa?

Just returned from a 5 day tour of southern Utah. My impressions was most all the snow on the south and west facing slopes was all gone or mostly gone upto 8000 feet. Most of the snow is all gone up to about 7000 feet with the exception of the north and east facing slopes. I was in Marysvale, area, Loa, Cedar city, Panguitch and Richfield and clear out to Modena trapping sage-grouse in all these areas?it was muddy in a few places but most of the roads were passable upto 7500 feet or so again excluding some drifts on the north side of things but most were easy to get around on an ATV or over if you were there early enough or late enough when it was still frozen.

My guess is with current temps down there, much more will come off quickly. We can get up to 8500 feet on ATVs on Parker Mtn. pretty easy.

Hope this helps?

Todd Black
BTO

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom