Turkeys

Pre64

Very Active Member
Anybody hearing gobles? I got the wolves to answer me, but only one tom on the roost. And he flew in the opposite direction.

Might have to drive up to Kooskia or something.

I am out of tags for the spring.. Not too far from kooskia pre64.

called this jake in second weekend with my son.

P4171040.jpg

went back out with my daughter and she helped me call this big old tom in.

P4271048.jpg

It was on Private land I guess. Honestly, I have never had much trouble getting permission for Turkeys. Most of the farmers are not real protective of them, many would just as soon have a bunch of them shot....

The Snow is high enough (even though it keeps getting deeper) that you should be able to get on plenty of public ground and find some birds.

I would look first at the public ground that is surounded by private (state sections) , then the low elevation FS ground... some of that stuff has funny boundaries that come right down to the rivers and whatnot. Anything within 10 miles of Kooskia should have birds galore. Heck, without looking real hard I saw 6 or more Toms Stutting at 10:00 in the morning just driving down the road near there last week.

LAST EDITED ON May-03-11 AT 03:45PM (MST)[p]Don't go to Kooskia it's too far and the guy's that come over from Montana to hunt it think it's there's and get real testy. Besides all the turkey's died of blue tongue awhile back. Just go to Orofino instead...much better flocks and a chance at an eastern gene still lingering.

PW

Congrats on two beautiful birds. Great that you're children were able to be a part of the experience of being on the hunts.

Eldorado

He's pretty good about that. Can't wait till mine is old enough for that sort of thing. Youth turkey season will be fun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom