Turn in Tag?

HuntinFoo

What is NM turn in policy, can a guy get a refund for a drawn tag or not? Any spacific dates you have to do it by, if you can get a refund?

Refunds and Transfers

No hunt, including fourth choice deer or elk hunts, can be
exchanged for another hunt or refunded except:
The Director of the Department may grant the refund or transfer
of a hunting license or permit if the licensee has died, sustained a severe injury or life-threatening illness, or has been deployed by the United States military prior to the start of the hunt, prohibiting the licensee from hunting. When the transfer of a license results in a higher license fee due to age, residency, etc., the difference must be paid prior to issuance of the new license or permit. The Director may grant the transfer of a license or permit to a person who has been qualified through a non-profit wish granting organization. For more information, please call the Special Hunts Office at (505) 476-8087.

I drew an antelope tag last year and due to a family illness, I could not go on the hunt. NM Fish & Game said they would not refund the cost of the tag as stated in the previous post.

Therefore, I suggest tag soup with Hatch green chilis, avocadoes, fresh corn totillas, and an ice cold Shiner Bock!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-09 AT 02:10PM (MST)[p]That is right out of the Proc.

Note - says nothing about a family illness. And it says up to the Director.

So more or less it says that you draw you bought the tag.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom