Turning in a tag

tagsoup

What are the rules for turning in a tag? Can i get my tag fee money back and still get a point?

"Go hunt for meat at Wall Mart."

You will gain a bonus point but unless it is a verified medical excuse you won't receive a refund. That's my understanding anyways.

It is in the hunt book. Page 22. you can find the book on ndow website under seasons and regs.

I went through this last year and YOU NEED a Doctors excuse kind of like when you were in school. Needs to state that you are under his medical care and unable to hunt.
You get your points back plus one for the year and also your MONEY TOO. With out the DR. paper work, NO MONEY but all points returned plus one since you choosed to buy license even if you did not draw.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Here is the procedure on returning a tag. We have several different scenario's on returning a tag listed below.

If returning a tag for "Medical Reason" and the tag is received before the opening day of the season for which the tag was issued, and submits verification in writing by a physician, which prevents him or her from hunting during the season for which the tag was issued.

If a person to whom the tag holder is related within the third degree of consanguinity or affinity incurs a disability, and the tag is received before the opening day of the season for which the tag was issued, submits verification in writing by a physician, which prevents him or her from hunting during the season for which the tag was issued.

If returning a tag for "Death Reason", and a person to whom the tag holder is related within the third degree of consanguinity or affinity dies, as verified by a certificate of death, and the tag is received before the opening day of the season for which the tag was issued.

If returning a tag for "Military Transfer", and is serving in the Armed Forces of the United States and is transferred, as verified by a copy of his or her orders or other proof satisfactory to the Department, to a location which makes it impracticable for the holder to hunt in the area for which the tag was issued.

The Department shall return all the fees submitted with the application for the tag except the fees required pursuant to NRS 502.253 and NAC 502.331; and award a bonus point, as if the tag had not been issued and the applicant was unsuccessful.

Military Deferment - Active Duty, Mobilized or Deployed If returning a tag for "Military Deferment", and has received a big game tag and who, after receiving the tag is mobilized or deployed while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States, returns the tag, the Department shall return all the fees submitted with the application for the tag except the fees required pursuant to NRS 502.253 and NAC 502.331; and request that, without entering the drawing for big game tags, the privilege to hunt during the season for which the tag is issued be deferred for an identical privilege for not more than 2 successive years during which the hunting season for the identical privilege is open. The person must exercise the privilege during the 2 successive years. If the person did not go hunting under the authority of a hunting license issued to him or her for the hunt year in which the tag was issued, the person may return the hunting license for a refund.
To be eligible to defer the privilege to use a big game tag, the person must:
(a) Provide a copy of the person's orders or other proof satisfactory to the Department;
(b) Submit a written request to the Department to defer the privilege together with the request for a refund pursuant to NAC 502.422;
(c) Return the tag and, if applicable, the hunting license to the Department before the opening day of the season for which the tag was issued; or before the close of the season for which the tag was issued, if the person provides proof satisfactory to the Department that he or she was mobilized or deployed before the opening day of the season for which the tag was issued and had no opportunity to hunt under the authority of the tag;
(d) Submit to the Department: the appropriate fee for the issuance of a big game tag and a hunting license, if applicable; and the nonrefundable application fee and predator fee for the tag.
The Department shall not issue a license or tag pursuant to this section unless the Department receives the fees specified in paragraph (d).

Tag Return for Any Reason -
If returning a tag for "Any Reason", and the tag is for antelope, deer or elk, and if the tag is received before the opening day of the season for which the tag was issued, the Department shall award a bonus point, as if the tag had not been issued and the applicant was unsuccessful.

If a tag for any subspecies of bighorn sheep or mountain goat is returned for a any reason, not later than July 15, the Department shall return all the fees submitted with the application for the tag except the fees required pursuant to NRS 502.253 and NAC 502.331; and award a bonus point, as if the tag had not been issued and the applicant was unsuccessful.

If the holder obtained his or her hunting license with his or her tag, the hunting license may be returned with the tag.

Julie Meadows
Program Officer l
Nevada Department of Wildlife
License Office
4600 Kietzke Ln Ste D135
Reno Nevada 89502

Phone: (775) 688-1512

>If returning a tag for "Any
>Reason", and the tag is
>for antelope, deer or elk,
>and if the tag is
>received before the opening day
>of the season for which
>the tag was issued, the
>Department shall award a bonus
>point, as if the tag
>had not been issued and
>the applicant was unsuccessful.
>

Thanks for the helpful message! Question about the quoted text above: do you get a bonus point (for this year) awarded as well as a restoration of the bonus points it took to draw the tag?
I am considering returning my deer tag, which took me 8 points to draw. I am hoping I will get 9 points back in return for losing my tag fee. Is that accurate?

whuppinstick..........YES if done before the start of the season for that unit.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Just make the phone call dude....

I did my best to help you guys out----call her for your questions.

She is on top of her game.

Robb

I too will be turning in a tag. Archery cow for 23-24. But after reading some of the posts, I'm going to wait till the other tags are in my hand. Good luck to all who drew this year.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom