U.S. Troops headed to Africa!

grosventrehunter

Very Active Member
It seems that Obama will be sending troops to Africa. I wonder if the same people who bashed Bush will do the same now that it's Obama.

Hmmm,Eldorado isn't that how we got involved in Vietnam? Amercian advisers training and equip security forces? It's a combat brigade. "If they want them for (military) operations, the brigade is our first sourcing solution because they're prepared," said Gen. David Rodriguez, the head of U.S. Army Forces Command. "But that has to go back to the secretary of defense to get an execute order." Eldorado reread the link. They may not be coming straight out saying our troops will be in fight, but it's not hard to read between the lines. Muslim extremist will flock to Africa trying to kill US troops, just look at Iraq/Afgan.

So, you would prefer that the U.S. do nothing and sit idly by while these terror groups get the upper hand making the situation much worse. Invading a country is more costly than helping countries combat these groups. Makes more strategic sense what Obama is doing.

Eldorado

No, I would like to see these people wiped from the face of the earth. Kill them wherever they live. However, I was looking for outrage from people like you who bashed Bush for doing the same thing. Is it different now because it's Obama. Should be intersting to see how you puppets spin it. I'm sure I could pull up a few past posts where you bash Bush for doing the same? Good luck, take your time, think......

Unlike Afghanistan, Iraq posed no threat to U.S. interests. In fact, Iraq served as a bulwark to Iranian influence in the region. Because of Bush's unwarranted invasion of Iraq, Iranian influence has increased. Not all wars are equal or warranted. Iraq was a disaster of monumental proportions.

Eldorado

Iraq provided headquarters,operating bases,training camps, and other support of terrorist. Iraq was no threat? Some of your idols may disagree with you. Wana see some more? Don't forget after Iraq invaded Iran, it was Iran who turned the tables and was on the offensive. Iran won the war and wasn't one bit afraid of what Iraq could/would do.

On August 30, 1980, the New York Times reported in an article titled "U.S. Forbids Sale of Jetliners to Iraq" that the Carter Administration decided to block the sale of five Boeing jets due to Iraq's involvement in recent terrorist activities. The article reported that, within the previous few months, Iraqi diplomats were involved in attempted bomb attacks in Vienna and West Berlin

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members.... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct. 10, 2002.

Together we must also confront the new hazards of chemical and biological weapons, and the outlaw states, terrorists and organized criminals seeking to acquire them. Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
President Clinton, Jan. 27, 1998

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"We know that he has stored away secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

On December 3, 1976, the New York Times reported that radical Palestinians have gathered in Iraq to mount a terrorist campaign against "moderate" arab governments. The group referred to in the article was known as Black June and they were led by the terrorist Abu Nidal. On August 5, 1978, the New York Times reported that this Palestinian group was linked to Iraq's intelligence service. Abu Nidal was a ruthless terrorist who planned the 1973 assault on an American passenger plane in Rome that resulted in 34 deaths and the 1974 bombing of TWA 841 which resulted in 88 deaths

Eldorko will ignore any and all facts to further his liberal agenda. Take a page from Eldorko's comment that Iraq was no danger to the U.S. I guess he forgot about Saddam's aggression to curb a large market on the oil supplies there.

Eldorko Africa is no where in contention as Irag was to be a danger to our interests. I figured something like this would happen based on statements years ago from Obama concerning his wanting to support African countries.

It's like a Irishman going back to Ireland to help fight the British.

Eldorko, you do not send in a Brigade of Infantry to train locals in supressing a terr group. You send in Seals, Green Berets, and Army Rangers to do the training. This goes beyound training purposes only, even if Eldorko is too dumb to admit it. I really think Eldorko is just supporting his liberal party no matter what they do or screw up.
RELH

RELH,

So Iraq was not about WMD's but about oil? So Bush then lied to Congress and the American people for which thousands of American and Iraqi lives paid for. I guess rightwing slant heads like you don't give a chit as long as you can have your gas for cheap.

Eldorado

I guess Rumsfeld didn't think Saddam was such a bad guy after all.

5335saddam-with-don-rumsfeld_opt1-300x204.jpg

Eldorko, you are almost good about twisting statements, almost but not intelligent enough to get it right.

I never said that Iraq was not about WMD's, but did mention that Sadaam was attempting to curb a good majority of the oil by taking over Kuwaite. Since you are so short minded, we took on Sadaam twice. Once by Bush Sr. over Kuwaite, and by Bush Jr. on WMD's.

You need to sit in the corner with the dunce cap on for failing today's history lesson.

What are you going to say about your hero when we start getting body bags being sent home from Africa. I hope you got the balls enough to shout your disproval to Obama as you did Bush. Somehow I do not think that will happen. Too much jelly in your spine for that.

RELH

what's your stupid point! There is numerous pictures of Obama shaking hands or bowing to leaders in other countries that are not so friendly to us. You really need to see a doctor about your short memory span. Maybe the onset of dementia

RELH

For your information, Kuwait is an artificial creation of British imperialism to divide and weaken Iraq. Iraq understood that the U.S. would not act in regards to Iraq's territorial dispute with Kuwait as a reward for its war with Iran only to find out that it was a ruse to set in motion 2 wars against that country for control of its oil and gas wealth.
I supported Afghanistan, the taking out of UBL and other al-Qaeda leaders and proxies and will continue to do so.

Eldorado

Eldorko, I think I pricked your thin liberal skin. I love that post about Kuwaite. You must have attended the Marx and Lenin school of politics. When are you going to tell us that the black helicopters are coming. Hope you got your tinfoil hat on to protect you from the gamma rays.

RELH

Eldorado, you really are ignorant aren't you. You keep saying Bush lied, but stop running from the facts. Lied to congress?? Didn't I just show you what your liberal buds (congress) said about Iraq/Hussein, and yet you still blame it all on Bush. You said Iraq wasn't a threat,however,both Clinton's,Gore, and Pelosi, among other liberals, agreed he was. And you wonder why people think you're a joke. Pure stupidity. Here goes another spin from the welfare, weed smoking, ingnorANIS. Quick what's 2+2, nope wrong, it's offical you're dumb.

P.S. If you would like, I can send you a few more quotes from your liberal CONGRESS buds about their thoughts on Iraq.

It's only a lie if it's said by a Conservative!! These stupid Liberals can't keep their stories straight..

Obama has been the mirror image of Bush even worse but he is great and Bush was bad??

It's true...Liberals are just stupid Republicans.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom