UFC 59 !!

N

NMHUNTNUTT1

Its coming up sat. night , I wasn't as excited as the last couple being that I think Rich Franklin and Randy Couture are some of my favorite fighters , but here recently I've gotten interested in 59 . I think the Pit BULL is gonna knock the crap out of Silvia , big time and hope Forrest can drop the hammer on Ortiz . The rest of the card is so-so , but will be watching any how . Anybody else buying the ticket and whats your predictions ?????

I'd like to watch it but will be fishing the San Juan. I pretty much have the same take. I think main event will not go distance. Silvia will tap out or get knocked out. I hope grif beats ortiz, but I think ortiz will win that. After watching some of Ultimate Fighter 3, I have new respect for Ortiz. Although he is cocky...he does work his a$$ off. I'm not sure who the undercards are. Nick Diaz might be. He's pretty skilled fighter.
-Raptor

Raptor , I felt the same way about him , I always looked at him as just a loud mouth , but realized he is just confident and does work his butt off and I too look and respect alot more . But I just like the way Forrest brings IT , on the gas peddle the whole fight . As for Diaz , I hate him more than ANY fighter in the UFC ! I hope he gets his arss handed to him , but after the diesel worked him over I think they hand picked a bucket for him to regain some confidence ...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-06 AT 01:05PM (MST)[p]I agree that Arlovski will probably take Sylvia out. We haven't gotten to see the pit bull fight much for some reason... oh yeah, cause he takes everyone out in the first round.
I'd like to see Forest win and maybe he can but he's fighting an "A" list fighter for a change. He's got his work cut out for him. Ortiz may have had his butt handed to him by Couture and Lidell but those guys are at the top (although couture retired after his last defeat to Lidell) of the food chain.
Nick Diaz is all mouth but don't let Sean Sherk fool you. He's a pound and ground machine! At only 5'6" tall he'll fool you but if you've seen him fight you wouldn't want him beating on you.
Jeff Monson should be fun to watch too. He's 230 lbs of solid muscle.
Should be a good event.
I can't wait to see Gracie fight Hughes next month...
am

In the future, I'd like to see Diego Sanchez fight some of the upper tier welterweights. I think he'd get killed by Hughs or GSP but I wouldn't mind seeing him matched up against Riggs.
-Raptor

answermonkey , thanks for feed on Sherk . I'll be going for him and hope he knocks the living crap outta Diaz . I haven't seen him fight so I'm glad to hear he is a bad a$$ . Yeah I agree Monson is fun to watch , he's a freak of nature , HE'S what you call THICK!
As for Gracie and HUGHES , well my $$$ is on Matt . He's only getting better , and not to take away from Gracie , but he's only fought once per year for the last 4 or 5 years , I know he stays active working out with fighters and such , but there comes a time that Father Time catches up , and to enter the ring with the current World Champ , well I geuss we'll see , but I imagine Matt will learn him quick...

Sherk got beat pretty bad by St. Pier a few months ago but just about anybody would get beat by St. Pier. If you read Sherks history, he's had some great fights.
THICK is a great way to describe Monson. Cruz handled Mir better than I thought he would but Mir wasn't in great shape I thought. Monson looks like Mr. Clean on steroids!
I'm a big Hughes fan but did you see the fight when B.J Penn moved UP a weight class to fight him and submitted him in the first round? Anyone can be beaten! That's why we watch...

BJ is a studd and I felt he won vs. St Pierre , but the take downs must have really counted against him , even though he bashed St Pierre . I think Hughes will send a statement with Gracie that he's for real and here as the Champion . I can't wait to see him submit St Pierre , besides Rich Franklin , Hughes is next on my favorites . I like Diego Sanchez because he's from here in NM and is pretty electric .....

I want to see Silvia beat Arlovski, but I think that he has his work cut out for him. I don't think Forrest has a chance in HELL against Tito, but I hate Tito so I hope Forrest takes him. Shirk is a good fighter, so I will bet on him. Like everyone here, I can't wait for Hughs v. Gracie. Gracie is a fenominal fighter, but like Couture, father time has caught up. "MATT RULES" I don't think that Riggs can beat Diego Sanchez. Sanchez is a very smart fighter and I think Riggs is a terrible fighter. He needs to learn how to fight a submission fight, not just pounding the hell out of someone. Sanchez has it all, standing and ground. We'll see Saturday. Have fun. Muledeernut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom