UFC Serra beats GSP.WOW!

TheKnack

Very Active Member
Anyone else watch Matt Serra beat GSP for the title?
I know anyone has a punchers chance but I never would have predicted this one.
Anyone in the UFC is tough but I was shocked actually.
GSP was a gracious in defeat and I am sure it will not be long before he is back as champ if he can stay ahead of Hughes.
Not taking away from Matt Serra after all he fought amazingly well.
Best,
Jerry

44f4e09309b4a917.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-07 AT 10:00PM (MST)[p]Ya I watched it. I'm still in shock. I've came on this forum many times saying how no one could challenge St. Pierre. Wrong again. I'm a huge St.Pierre fan but my hat is off to Serra. He came to fight and he won. Still can't believe it.

But, as for Diego? I've also said on this forum how overrated Diego Sanchez is and Josh Koscheck might suprise a few people in ths fight. Koscheck made that fight look WAY too easy. Sanchez did absolutely nothing during the entire fight. At least St. Pierre talked to Rogan after his fight. He was gracious in defeat and didn't hide from the cameras. Unlike "The Nightmare".

Just can't stand Sanchez. Especially after his antics at the weigh in I was glad to see him lose. Koscheck did a good job with his stand up and no doubt he won the fight. Diego had zero standup for Koscheck. Koschecks standup is more improved and is the more well rounded fighter.

I'll eat crow over GSP, but as for Sanchez....Said it once and I'll say it again......Overrated.

I'm not a Sanchez fan either, but I was disappointed in Koscheck's game plan (which he executed perfectly). He won the fight fair and square, but it was far from entertaining. He showed he's a smarter fighter, but is he a better fighter? I'm not convinced. Sanchez won the time they fought for real...

Serra! What a shocker!!! I like GSP, but Serra's nothing to sneeze at. I think Hughes might even have a rough time with him. We'll probably see here shortly.

Ok...I have to admit that I didn't see any of that coming. I said I didn't think Kos would beat Sanchez or Serra upset GSP. I was very, very surprised when Serra landed those shots. Anyone else notice Matt Hughes cheering it on. I hope Serra picks him apart as well.

I knew the Swick fight would be a good one which it was. The Kos and Sanchez fight was one of the worst fights I have seen in a long time. As bad as Sylvia's decision over Arlovski last year. That was a little worse because it was 5 rounds.

Best part of the night was the introduction of Minotauro. The UFC Heavyweight division went from not much talent 6 months ago, to now having some of the top fighters in the world in that division.

Ya, the Swick fight shocked me as well.

Sanchez vs Koscheck I thought was gonna be close from the start. I thought for sure after the end of round one when Sanchez reversed Koscheck that he would try some ground game but did not. Boring fight actually.

What's this I hear about Dana White fighting Tito Ortiz? That should be interesting.
Best,
Jerry

44f4e09309b4a917.jpg

I would have thought GSP would have spanked dude in first round. Unbelievable.
Koscheck and Sanchez are evenly matched and I would have thought that fight would have been better.
Dana and Tito...........WTF.............I gues Tito's got to fight somebody he MAY be able to beat.

Ya, Thursday late at night I believe they are going to have a preview of the Dana White and Ortiz fight on Spike.FYI
Guess we will know more then.
Jerry
44f4e09309b4a917.jpg

I was surprised with the Serra win over GSP. I was dissappointed with the DS JK fight. No action at all. Those 155 lb dudes went at it pretty good before the DS JK fight. That was the best fight of the night.
-Raptor

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom