Uinta Mountain Goats

3DEER

Has anyone every seen goats on the Uinta mountain range?
I have been to Kings Peak a couple times during the last few summers and have not seen any in that area. Where could I find some? Maybe over above the Blacks Fork?

3DEER

There are Goats, many, many goats from Leidy pk to the east all the way west to Baldy pk./Mirror lake highway. Kings Pk is a tourist trap not a goat hangout. Have ya seen any of the Bighorn sheep up around North Burro pk.??? Some real nice Rams.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-04 AT 01:18PM (MST)[p]It is accessed via the north slope. You have to go through Wyoming. If you want more specific info let me know.

I know where Red Lake is via the North Slope out of Manila but Red Castle??? Go thru Lonetree Wyo. or..........?

There are three lakes lower red castle, red castle, and upper red castle. These lakes are accessed by the east fork of the smiths fork trial, at china meadows. You get to this trail head by heading south from mountain view wyoming. The goats i have seen were not on the mountian called "red castle" itself but on the cliffs on the other side of red castle lake (middle lake). Although there could be some on "red castle" but i've never seen them. I saw them at the end of Aug. I hope that helps.

Okay, China Meadows via Mountain View, I've got a vision in my mind of where your talking about...thanks

Did anyone see the goats this past summer. I am hoping to get up there this summer and take some pics.

bigdaddy

I'm hoping to draw one of the #974 tags, your welcome to come along with me and take some photo's on scouting trips.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom