ultra light backpacking tent

ridenmuley

I have been looking for a backpacking tent for sometime and think i have it narrowed down, just looking for some advise/thoughts. I have been looking at the Big Agnes seedhouse sl2 and the MSR hubba hubba. I like the SL2 cause its a little lighter but the hubba hubba seems a little roomier as the walls dont lean in and i like the 2 door and 2 vestibules. Any thoughts on these tents or other light, durable tents would be much appreciated. Thanks

check out the Hubba Hubba HP sweet looking tent.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

If you are looking for a tent for a solo trip and considering the SL2 you should check out the SL1 as well. I'm 6'3" and I considered the SL2 but went with the SL1 because its 8 inches longer and only a little narrower, lighter and cheaper too.

Ill be using it through oct maybe into november. I live in WY though so could experience snow and winter conditions anytime.

Look at the April/May issue of Eastmans Hunting Journal. David Long did a test on a few solo tents and talked about the ones your looking at.(except they were one man versions) South Cox did the same thing in the same month except it was the Bow Hunting Journal. They both seemed to like the Hilleberg Akto even though it was a few ounces heavier. I also went with the akto because it is a 4 season tent while most of the others were 3 season tents. The Akto also had more room. Goodluck and I hope this helps. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom