Ultralight backpack tent

cabinfever

Very Active Member
I did a lot of research before buying my backpack tent. Here's what I wanted in a tent. 1) under 3 lbs 2) free standing...i hate tying ropes off to trees 3) decent head room 4) vestibule 5)rain fly 6)durable. For all the reasons listed above, I bought the Big Angus seedhouse SL1. Trail weight of this tent is only 2 lbs 11oz. After using this tent, I'm not sure why I would ever would use a bivy. A blind idiot could set this tent up. Would buy again in a heart beat.

Mike

Mike I bought the sl2 and took it the the bottom of the grand canyon. It worked awesome. I bought the ground cover so I can make a tarp tent without the tent. Russ

looks like a great summer early fall tent. I looked at it no the www and did not see any roof vents, does it have roof vents in the fly? If not, that would do it for me. I have two small backpack tents both made a few years ago before they figured out that the rain fly needs roof vents, most of the better tents now all have roof vents. . .

Thanks for you help.

Tony, I dont think it has roof vents. REI had a sale on mine for $220. Will see how is does with bad weather this fall.

you know as well as I do that when it gets cold, and in the fall it dipps well below 30 where I hunt and add a little snow and the condensation is horrible inside those small tents. In fact if you have a down bag, it's enough to make it damp, between your body heat and your breath.

I run into the problem with my small two man. The next one I buy WILL have two roof vents, period. . .

Otherwise it looks like a great tent and light too!!

Tony if the Tent is staked correctly? There is NO condensation problem!!! Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom