Ultralight Backpacking Rod

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
What Rod do you use for Backpacking ? I have 3 Pflueger President reels in size 20 to size 30 I use. For rods I have a Rogue ( G Loomis former partner)but it is a 2 piece , Daiwa Presso ( brittle rods and they break near the tips ), Bass Pro Shop Microlite 4 piece ( great rods) and might buy a couple more of them but not sure yet.
I'm getting close to retirement now so I'm researching for better ultralight equipment. A 6'6" to 7' is the right length for me.

Probably not the lightest but I've used the ugly stick pack rods for myself and kids. Gets the job done and durable so far.

Probably not the lightest but I've used the ugly stick pack rods for myself and kids. Gets the job done and durable so far.
They definitely last . I have two of them for bank and boat fishing. I'm not too worried about finding the perfect rig, but I like to see what others like.

5 weight fly rod and a little plastic case of flys packs pretty light, straps right to the pack and I’ve yet to see anything out perform a dry fly in a high mountain lake

Don’t really even have to know what you’re going with one up there and still catch fish. Hell I don’t

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom