ultratec or xtec

cabinfever

Very Active Member
Which bow. Ultratec with 2000 limbs or xtec. I will use it mostly for hunting,maybe a little 3D.

thanks
cabinfever

I'd stick with the ultratec. Proven quality and efficiency with zero hand shock.

nk,

He wanted info on a REAL bow manufacturer...not a wanna be. :)

BOHNTR )))------------>

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-04 AT 02:36PM (MST)[p]Both are excellent choices. As you probably know, the Ultra and the Xtec have the same riser. The difference is in the limbs. The Xtec has the XT1000 limbs that are shorter. I would think a shorter ATA bow would have an advantage for hunting. Either way you've got a winner.

I've got an Ultratec and its truly amazing. I bought it last year. If I was buying a new Hoyt today it would be between the same choices you've got. I use my Ultratec for hunting mainly with a little target as well and I can't think of a better bow out there for it. I'd shoot both and go with the one that feels better to you. I don't think there is a wrong choice.

I looked at an xtec the other day and its a nice set up. I shooot a cybertec and I really like it, however if I had to do it over again I would buy the ultratec. Its longer ATA makes it more of a shooter. All their target boys on Hoyts pro staff shoot the ultratec, enough said.

I have an Ultratec XT2000 cam.5. It's a spectacular bow. You can use it for hunting, spots and 3D without a single change to any components on it.

The Xtec seems to have similar or less hand shock than the Ultratec.

I think the determinining factor would be how much 3D and target shooting you might like to do vs. hunting. If it's just for hunting and getting ready to hunt the Xtec would be better.

If you have a longer draw the Ultratec would be better to keep the string angle to your nose correct.

The two bows weight exactly the same and 2" doesn't seem to make much difference to me when stalking and working through thick brush.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
Pete

I guess I should just flip a coin. Sounds like I can't go wrong either way. I would go to a pro shop and shoot both bows, however, my draw length is so short (26 1/2) it sound as if I'll just have to order one. I'm kind of leaning towards the ultratec though. Thanks for the info.

cabinfever

cabinfever,

With your draw length and shooting preferences I'd stick with the Xtec. The more parallel limbs on the Xtec will be super effcient at the shorter draw lengths.

I you are a lefty, you could come try my Ultratec. It's set up about 27.5". A little long, but you'd get the feel of it.

Cheers,
Pete

Because of your short draw length you would be better off with the Xtec. That being said make sure that you get the bow with a draw length module that put you at least in the middle and preferably towards the end. I have a Cybertec and it has the 26.5" to 29" module and my draw length is 28.5". You will also get more speed out of the bow if you change strings from the stock ones. Every little bit helps when you're draw length challenged. Good luck with your new bow, which ever one you decide to get.

Short Draw go with Xtec, My 3D Team shoots Protecs,Ultratecs and Cybertecs. The guy with the short stubby arms got an Xtec this year and it smokes. And by the way he has the high average. I'll have one by hunting season. Just my 2 cents.

I ordered me an x-tec yesterday, thanks for all the suggestions.
I'm going to outfit it as follows.

sight= spott hogg real deal
rest= trap door
quiver= 2 piece hoyt
stabilizer= what ever feels the best
arrows= gold tips
broadheads=not sure
release=tornado (any other suggestions)
loop= suggestions

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom