Unattended Camps!

Wapiti

This is a topic that really gets to me, leaving unattended camps for days at a time. It appears to be a growing practice that I feel is simply wrong. People tow there trailer up on the mountain or drop their camper or even pitch a tent days before they actually plan to do any camping in that spot just so they can lay claim to it. Or they will leave their camp set up for the entire week until they come back up the next weekend. This really burns by butt.

I hunted down on Beaver mountain during the first weekend of the archery hunt and had a hard time finding a camping place because of all the unattended camps. When we left on Monday afternoon there were at least 15 camps with trailers left behind.

We seen the same thing on the Manti between Cleveland Res and Joes Valley Res. People leaving unattended camps set up for the whole week. I also saw this during the rifle elk hunt on the Wasatch unit.

I feel this practice needs to stop. I would like to see the laws changed to not allow such a practice. Who do these people think they are.

Now, I'm sure there are many on this forum that do exactly what I'm talking about and to those people I say your inconsiderate of others and totally selfish.

Anyone else have problem with is growing practice?

i dont think it is a growing practice people have been doing it for years.and when i take my trailer up i am usually in the mountains for a total of 10 days of wich i will usually come home for one day to get a fresh shower and check on work. leaving my trailer at camp.i do not see nothing wrong with that.i however dont take my trailer up the weekend before and leave it all week

They cant leave them their forever, their is a camping limit, I see no problem as long as they obey the camping limit. Some of us dont have the time or big expensive trucks to pull their trailers up and down the mountain every week.

Geez Wapiti this must really get to you. I have seen this topic in three different forums already. WOW. But no I don't agree with it.

Geez, just what we need, another law or regulation to strip away even more of our freedoms. I suggest moving a few hundred yards away and pitch your tent or drop your trailer and enjoy the great outdoors rather than stressing about others trying to do the same, whether they are in their tent or not.

>Geez, just what we need, another
>law or regulation to strip
>away even more of our
>freedoms. I suggest moving a
>few hundred yards away and
>pitch your tent or drop
>your trailer and enjoy the
>great outdoors rather than stressing
>about others trying to do
>the same, whether they are
>in their tent or not.
>

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
that country up by joes valley is huge and you can't find a spot to camp? I responded to this post in other areas and am suprised to see it everywhere. Believe it or not but most of us go to the mtn to get away from rules. If you want to call ahead and have your spot reserved call Palisade State Park, for $25 a day you have your own reserved spot and you can hunt the manti. Hell for that matter there is a motel in Fairview, you can reserve it. You know I saw a dude going a little fast in the mtns. so perhaps we should get photo cop in the mtn. Dude get real, locals have advantages, deal with it, I hunt the manti and have for 32 years and in all that time we have never had a problem camping. You know what I hate, I take the kids with and at the end of the day they are filthy, so could someone go up on the mtn and cover the dirt with something so they don't get dirty. Also, could we get mosquito abatement, and those damn crickets just chirp all the time. Then there are those chipmunks. I have chrome rims on my trailer so if we could do something about the rain, I wouldn't have to do something about the rust. Finally, I hate getting up early, going out in the cold, hiking etc. so could the DWR have a service that would go fence me in a deer so I could have a guaranteed kill without working for it(Yeah I know, CWMU's), and then someone could clean it an pack it out for me. Doesn't seem like to much to ask for!!!

ATV's going off the trails, party hunting, people consuming alcohol while hunting and driving, garbage left behind, poaching.....these are a few things that bother me, but complaining, because someone actually puts some thought and planning into where they want to camp? Seriously, that is why they call it "public land".
You obviously leave your camp unattended all day while you hunt. According to your logic, you should have to pack up camp every morning when you leave and reset every night when you get back. Offly selfish of you to save that spot, could be someone else driving by that might want to have a picnic or take a nap.

Legally the camp sight can be there for 14 days, after that it is supposed to be moved to another spot. Really if somebody wanted to they could leave their camper up all year as long as it is moved from spot to spot or even parked a different way on the same spot. Not much you can do about it, the forest service/fish and game have bigger problems on their hands.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom