Unbelievable Buck Killed by 12 Year Old Girl!

2022 Jaydee Houston's Utah buck.jpg

Well, its all downhill from here... :ROFLMAO:

What a truly gorgeous buck. Not many typicals growing that big these days. Congrats to them all on a once-in-a-lifetime experience and trophy.!

What weight does she draw I wonder? My very jealous 12 year old’s bow is set just under 40lbs and he can NOT shoot that far.

Nice buck imagine being a person who turned in a pauns tag or bought points based on the winter. Some stud bucks have hit the dirt down there.

Congrats to that young hunter and her whole family. I remember the good old days when her dad and her uncle used to frequent this site. They were generous with information when I drew a tag for that unit and they made me some mean chicken fried steak at the family restaurant. Congrats!

Hawkeye

Awesome buck for the young lady!

Now call me a curmudgeon but one honest question for Dad.. Shot at dark, recovered an hour later but still out in the dirt for pics the next day in August. Temps likely 80s or 90s. Was the deer gutted and stored in a walk in cooler overnight and back in cooler after photos? I can see that being the case which would be great

I’d want pictures for my daughter as well, but I’ve seen people shoot really big bucks and just lose all sight of the meat responsibility as they cart said buck around in the sun for the whole weekend showing it off.

Not saying that happened here, but timeline leaves me wondering..

Last edited:
Loved that she was in Croc's! They're awesome for stalking! Bowtech has got to be happy seeing a carbon rose in her hand as well.

Now call me a curmudgeon but one honest question for Dad.. Shot at dark, recovered an hour later but still out in the dirt for pics the next day in August. Temps likely 80s or 90s. Was the deer gutted and stored in a walk in cooler overnight and back in cooler after photos? I can see that being the case which would be great

I’d want pictures for my daughter as well, but I’ve seen people shoot really big bucks and just lose all sight of the meat responsibility as they cart said buck around in the sun for the whole weekend showing it off.

I found that interesting too

I found that interesting too
Another curmudgeonly question. Since it IS the next day, and buck was likely moved around, is there a picture of the buck with a tag on it? ?

I was so paranoid walking 15 minutes away to the car to get my pack and a zip tie that I even took a picture of my improvised tag effort on a recent doe antelope before I did anything with the carcass. Can’t be too careful these days.

6CBF91D4-9CD4-4236-A843-BA79553342D2.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW she did take a Huge Awesome Buck, That one will be hard to beat.
Congrats on a good start in becoming a Hunter for life.

They have meat to worry about?.....huh?.....

Gutted ✅
Walk in coolers ✅✅✅ We have 3
Tagged before moving ✅
Removed tag for pics.
After pics , skinned and boned out buck,
Vacuum packed all meat and wet aged for 21 days. Then made jerky-hamburger-steaks and ate a bunch and the rest is in the freezer.

Sincerely Dad,
aka Instagram
(MuleyPhotos).

Sincerely Dad

Gutted ✅
Tagged before moving ✅
Removed tag for pics.
Vacuum packed all meat and wet aged for 21 days. Then made jerky-hamburger-steaks and ate a bunch and the rest is in the freezer.

Sincerely Dad,
aka Instagram
(MuleyPhotos).

Sincerely Dad
Congrats to you and your daughter on a slammer buck (and on taking care of the meat :ROFLMAO: ;))

Do you have any live photos of the buck that you can share with us?

Another curmudgeonly question. Since it IS the next day, and buck was likely moved around, is there a picture of the buck with a tag on it? ?

I was so paranoid walking 15 minutes away to the car to get my pack and a zip tie that I even took a picture of my improvised tag effort on a recent doe antelope before I did anything with the carcass. Can’t be too careful these days.

View attachment 89912
You might want to learn the WY regs. You are not required to tag the animal in WY. It only says the tag has to be with the meat. So if you have the tag in your pocket and are hauling the meat then you are good. Your meat in bags in the truck bed and you are in the truck, no need to tag the meat. The only real exception to this rule is if you hang the meat in camp and leave camp then the tag must be left with the meat... Been here several years been checked most years, never tagged the meat, always kept the tag in my pocket and never had an issue...

Gutted ✅
Tagged before moving ✅
Removed tag for pics.

Sincerely Dad,
aka Instagram
(MuleyPhotos).

Sincerely Dad
Dad congrats to your daughter and you! I’m the father of a 12 year old boy who enjoys shooting his bow. Could you elaborate on her set up a little bit?

View attachment 89912
Really? Nice doe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom